What job or organization suits me?
The labor market is a place where 'demanders' and 'providers' of labor meet. The labor market is a large playing field that is constantly in movement. That is why it is important to define your wishes and to orientate yourself before searching for a job. On this page, you find tips to help you with that.
What can you do to prepare yourself?
When you start orientating yourself on your future career, it is important to think about what you want. It is hard to find something, if you do not know exactly what you are looking for. But what type of job or organization suits you? How can you find out? It all starts with self-reflection and getting to know yourself better. Have a look at the pages on qualities and competences and interests and values to learn more about these topics.
In addition to learning more about yourself, it is important to learn more about the labor market. What are the possibilities? What types of vacancies or company websites appeal to me? Use these practical tips to start learning about possible jobs and organizations and constantly reflect on your findings.
Get to know our large professional, online community
Visit the Tilburg University LinkedIn page
- Join groups that are targeted towards the sector and profession you are interested in.
- Take a look at the Tilburg University LinkedIn page, where you can find an overview of where alumni work.
- Make use of the Tilburg University Alumni Mentor Program that offers you the opportunity to get in contact with alumni to ask questions.
- Check job boards to research the range of vacancies and organizations. Some examples:
- Visit corporate websites especially if you are interested in working for a certain organization.
- Compare different types of organizations through e.g. Glassdoor, where you find a lot of information on organizations that will help you compare their style to your preferences.
My advice to students? Talk with recruitment agencies and intermediaries. Recruiters often have a large professional network in a specific type of working field, which can surely help you in your search.Third-year Tilburg University student
How do I create a professional LinkedIn profile?
A tool you cannot go without when looking for a job or internship. Do you know what it takes to set up a professional LinkedIn profile? Have a look at the checklist to find out!
How do I network?
Many people find a job or internship through their network. But what is networking and how can you effectively use it to your advantage?
Alumni Mentor Program
Maybe you already know exactly what you want to do, but are not sure what steps you need to take. Or perhaps you are torn between all the different career paths out there. Join the Alumni Mentor Program to get a better insight into your career opportunities.
Do I want to pursue a PhD?
Considering a PhD? Read more on what it entails and the funding models.
What is a traineeship?
What is a traineeship? Does it suit you? Where can I find them? Read more it.
Get support when going into business
In the IQONIC incubator Tilburg University startups are given the opportunity to rapidly develop their innovative ideas to successful businesses in a dynamic environment.
Navigate through the model to take your next career step
Please ask Student Career Services for advice.