University account and e-mail address: What are they for and how can I change my password?
As soon as you have registered for a program at the university you will receive an account with a password. After you have changed this password, you will have access to a large number of digital services.
How do I activate my Tilburg University account?
As a new student you receive an e-mail with information and an activation link that allows you to activate your Tilburg University account.
This e-mail will be sent to two addresses:
- Your Tilburg University e-mail address (...@tilburguniversity.edu).
- The second e-mail address that you have registered through Studielink.
Activating your account via the website
If you have lost the activation e-mail you can still activate your account:
- Go to the webpage Self-service University Account.
- Read the text in the Password e-mail box (directly under Forgot your Password).
- Follow the instructions.
If you forgot your username
Which e-mail address does the university send e-mails to?
E-mails from the university will be sent to your official Tilburg University e-mail address.
If you already have another e-mail account and you would like to keep receiving your e-mail there, you must set up forwarding so that you won't miss any important university communications.
I lost my password. What should I do?
- If you have set your password recovery options, you can set a new password online, either by requesting a password mail or by answering your secret questions.
- If you have not set your password recovery options and you can access your mail (for instance if your mail program is still open), you can request a password mail. This mail will be sent to your university e-mail address.
- If you have not set your password recovery options and you cannot access your mail (if your mail program is closed and you need your password to open it), you must go to IT Support and set your new password there. Remember that you will need to identify yourself at the service desk.
Want to learn more about your university account?
You can find more information on the webpage self-service university account.