WeCare ETZ

Medical insurance

As an international student studying in the Netherlands, the law requires you to have adequate health and third party liability insurance. We also strongly recommend you take out additional travel insurance, as chances are high that you will want to explore Europe a little more during your stay here.

Organizing your health and liability insurance is your own responsibility. A good place to start is by asking your current insurer if your stay in the Netherlands is covered by your existing policy.

You are also free to find your own private insurance, but keep in mind that your policy must meet the health and liability insurance requirements stipulated by the law. It is your own responsibility to check whether or not your coverage is sufficient. If you are planning to find a part-time job, you might also be required to take out Dutch public health insurance (WLZ). For more information, please see the website of the Health Insurance Information Center. You can also find answers about the Dutch health care insurances (e.g. when are you required to have on or not) on the official government site (in English).

For detailed information about recommended (health) insurances, please look at this page.

Please note: Tilburg University cannot be held responsible for any costs which may be incurred during your stay in Tilburg as a result of incorrect medical and/or liability insurance.