Student portal

What to do if I want to switch to another study program or quit my current program?

If you want to switch to another study program or want to (temporarily) quit your current program, you will have to take care of a number of things, such as registration, grants, etc.

Do I have to pay the tuition fees again if I switch programs?

If you switch programs in the same academic year, you don't have to pay the tuition fees again. 

Who can help me if I want to switch programs?

Despite all preparations and good intentions, your program may turn out not to be quite the thing for you. What to do next? Do you want to quit studying here altogether, switch to another programs, or work for a while and look around? For advice in this important decision, you can make an appointment with your Dean of Students.

What to do if I want to quit studying, temporarily or altogether?

  • If you are sure you want to stop, then as a first year student you can cancel your registration at Tilburg University without having to provide a reason. Your tuition fees will be reimbursed from the second month following your deregistration.
  • You will also need to terminate your student grant (if you have one) and return your OV (public transportation) card. If you do this before February 1st, then the BSA (Binding Study Advice) will not apply, and you won't even need to pay back your student grant over the first few months (to a maximum of 5).