Study Abroad with ENGAGE.EU
Students of Tilburg University can study virtually at several renowned universities across Europe within the ENGAGE.EU European University. Follow a module or course to be part of a virtual, international classroom and exchange ideas with students from different countries while continuing your studies in Tilburg!
Courses and Modules offer
The application period to participate in online courses or modules at any of the ENGAGE.EU partner universities this fall semester is June 1 to July 1, 2022. You apply directly with the partner university where you would like to follow a course or module.
For information on the courses and modules on offer and the application process, please follow the partner links available on the ENGAGE.EU website:
Student Elena talks about her ENGAGE.EU experience
ENGAGE.EU is an alliance of leading European universities in business, economics, and the social sciences, which aims to provide European citizens with the set of skills and competencies needed to tackle major societal challenges of the present and future.
Its partner universities are:
- University of Mannheim | Mannheim, Germany
- NHH Norwegian School of Economics | Bergen, Norway
- LUISS Guido Carli | Rome, Italy
- University of National and World Economy | Sofia, Bulgaria
- Université Toulouse 1 Capitole | Toulouse, France
- WU Vienna University of Economics and Business | Vienna, Austria
- Tilburg University | Tilburg, the Netherlands
Virtual mobility process
Follow the application procedure of the ENGAGE.EU partner detailed on their respective website. You can apply to follow courses or modules at more than one partner at the same time. You will need to check for scheduling conflicts yourself once course schedules have been published.
Ask for course approval at your Tilburg University School for the courses you want to follow as soon as you apply with an ENGAGE.EU partner. This way you know if and how your results will be transferred to Tilburg. It is up to your School to decide how completed ENGAGE.EU courses will be counted within your curriculum. Please refer to your Education Coordinator with questions concerning how to integrate a virtual course or module in your study program. The Study Abroad Study Plans give you an idea which types of courses might be approved for your study program: TSB | TST | TLS | TSHD
If you are a TiSEM student, you currently cannot follow ENGAGE.EU offers for credits recognized by TiSEM.
If you are a pre-master student at the time of the envisaged courses, you cannot apply to follow ENGAGE.EU offers.
Send a scan of the signed course approval to email@example.com. The Study Abroad & Exchange Team will need the course approval information to initiate the credit conversion after you have completed the course. You can also send this information at a later stage.
- Should you add a course or switch to a different course after your initial course approval, you need to ask for course approval again through the regular procedure to ensure that the course will be transferred to your Tilburg curriculum. Please remember to send through the new course approval again to Study Abroad & Exchange. Should you drop an ENGAGE.EU course or module after registering for it, it's important to inform your host university ENGAGE.EU contact person, the instructor of the course, as well as possible fellow students in working groups, etc.
Once you have completed the course(s) or module, the Study Abroad & Exchange Office will initiate your credit conversion based on the transcript from the partner university. Please make sure you provide a scan of the official transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org if you receive it directly. Some universities also send it directly to the Study Abroad & Exchange Team. Please read about the conversion of credits and grades differing per School on the page Grade and credit conversion.
Course Offer - What can I apply for?
Please find the course and module offer on the ENGAGE.EU website linked above.
Requirements - Am I eligible to apply?
- You need to be registered at Tilburg University for fall 2022 semester to be able to participate in ENGAGE.EU courses listed via the link. You need to be registered for the entire academic year 2022-23 to be able to participate in an ENGAGE.EU module.
- To follow Bachelor-level courses/modules, you need to be enrolled in a Bachelor program at your ENGAGE.EU home university, ideally with a minimum of one year of full-time studies completed (60 ECTS). To follow Master-level courses/modules, you need to be enrolled in a Master program at your ENGAGE.EU home university. If you are a pre-master student at the time of the envisaged courses, you cannot follow ENGAGE.EU offers.
- Students need to meet the prerequisites of the courses/modules at the start of the semester. Prerequisites are listed in the courses/modules overviews. In addition, admission may generally subject to approval by course coordinator and capacity in course.
Application process - How do I apply?
You need to apply directly with the ENGAGE.EU partner university where you want to follow a course or module.
Application period - When can I apply?
Eligible students can apply between 1 June and 1 July 2022 via each partner university's page. All applicants will be informed about the outcome by 25 July 2022.
Costs - Are there any fees or expenses attached?
In general, there are no participation fees. Minor fees at the partner university, e.g. for course materials, will be listed by the partner.
Scheduling conflicts - How do I find out?
You should check ahead of the start of classes for scheduling conflicts with (1) your courses at Tilburg University and (2) courses at other ENGAGE.EU partners that you will be attending in the same semester. Only courses in one module are guaranteed to not overlap. The information should be available on partner webpages or you can inquire with their ENGAGE.EU contact person.
Please check for different semester start dates and exam periods at the insitutions you would like to follow a course/module and make sure you can be available in the periods they give.
Transcript of records - What's the process?
At the end of your ENGAGE.EU virtual exchange, you will receive an official transcipt of records from your ENGAGE.EU host university. The transcript may be sent directly to the Tilburg University International Office or you. Please make sure you provide a scan of the official transcript to email@example.com if you receive it directly, so we can start the conversion process (see Virtual mobility process above).
Credit Transfer - Can I let my results count at TiU?
Ask for course approval at your Tilburg University School for the courses you want to follow as soon as you apply with an ENGAGE.EU partner to know if and how your results will be transferred to Tilburg. The Study Abroad Study Plans give you an idea which courses can be approved by your study program: TiSEM | TSB | TST | TLS | TSHD
Please refer to your Education Coordinator with questions concerning your study program how to integrate a virtual course or module. It is up to your School to decide how completed ENGAGE.EU courses will be counted within your curriculum.
If you have received course approval for ENGAGE.EU courses/modules, please send a scan of the signed course approval to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Study Abroad & Exchange Team will need the course approval information to initiate the credit conversion after you have completed the course. You can also send this information at a later stage together with the transcript from the host university.
Change of plans - Who do I inform?
Please write to the ENGAGE.EU contact person of your host university stating which course/module you will not be attending. If you are already attending a course, you must inform the lecturer. You should also inform any students you may be in a working group with.
Please contact the Tilburg University Study Abroad & Exchange Team if you have questions:
Contact for ENGAGE.EU University Campus at Tilburg University:
Ms. Anna Rathert
+31 13 466 2801
Would you like to learn more about a physical exchange semester at one of Tilburg University's partner universities?
Please visit Study Abroad & Exchange