Planning an internship abroad
Planning an internship in a foreign country can seem a little confusing – where should you start? Which sectors should you look into? However, it is certainly worth considering – there are thousands of internships abroad, varying from a month to a whole year, depending on what you are looking for!
Help to orient yourself
The following questions will help you to orient yourself better when choosing the type and duration of your internship:
- Why do you want to do an internship? What is your goal? What will you gain from it?
- Where do you want to do an internship: in which sector/company/country?
- When do you want to do an internship: during your Bachelor’s/Pre-Master’s/Master’s studies, or do you want to get involved during summer holidays?
- Do you want to follow a part-time or a full-time internship?
- Are you looking for a practice-oriented internship or a research internship?
- Does your internship correspond with your study program at Tilburg University and is it in line with your career plans?
- Are you looking for a paid/non-paid internship at a commercial/multinational/non-profit organization?
- Will an internship be a part of your graduation assignment, or do you want to do it alongside your studies?
- Will you earn ECTS credits for completing your internship? Will these ECTS credits be included on your graduation diploma?
- What level of linguistic ability is expected from you?
- Do you need to arrange a (working) visa/health insurance for an internship overseas?