Many students study at the library

Courses at the partner university

Before you depart for your exchange destination, you will need to decide which courses you would like to take during your exchange period, and how these courses are going to fit into your study program here at Tilburg University. You will need to request official approval for your courses from your Tilburg University School.

Credit transfer

Would you like to know beforehand how many foreign credits equal 1 ECTS?

Check the Upon Return web page

 You will find a conversion table used by Tilburg University.

PLEASE NOTE: this table is subject to change and may not be applicable to your situation when you come back from your exchange. It is merely an indication!

School procedures

Every School at Tilburg University has a specific Study Abroad Study Plan in place. Consider this information when applying for an exchange, but also when selecting your courses abroad and asking for course approval.

As the guidelines and procedures differ for every School, please make sure to contact your Education Coordinator on the rules about which courses you are expected and allowed to take during your exchange. Direct academic-related questions about your exchange (for example courses, study planning, study delay) to your education coordinator.

Course approval

Students preparing to go abroad need to have their exchange courses approved by their respective Tilburg University School:

Students of How to ask for course approval


Find the course approval forms on the TSB course approval website. You should submit your approval request to

Guidelines for the TSB Excellence Program are given on the EP website.


Ask for course approval via the TiSEM Student Form. Make sure you are using the WiFi on campus, or connected to the campus VPN to be able to access the form. Download the user manual for help with using the form. If you have any questions about course approval or issues using the form, please contact your Education Coordinator.

If you are a JADS student, do not use the TiSEM Student Form. Instead, you should use the course approval document which can be found on the Canvas page “Data Science in Business and Entrepreneurship – Information for Students”, under “General Information”. The form should be submitted via e-mail to Nigel Claus (


Bachelor Global Law students should download the course approval form from the GLB Canvas page and submit it in Word document format via the TLS request form. A sample course approval form for GLB Fast Track students can also be found on the GLB Canvas page.

Bachelor Data Science students should send the details of the courses they want to follow abroad to

All other TLS students can download the TLS course approval form and submit it via the same TLS request form


Bachelor students: Submit your courses to be approved by the Examination Board via the MACS system. Make sure you are using the WiFi on campus, or connected to the campus VPN to be able to connect to MACS.

Master students: send an e-mail to with the details of the courses you want to follow abroad. You must mention for each course the course title, course description/outline, study level, year of course, number of credits, and proposed course category (e.g. elective, mandatory course or "on-top" course).

TST The TST Examination Board processes your course approval. Send your requested courses to You should include the following information for each selected course: course title, course outline, study level and year of course, credits expected,  and proposed course category, i.e. elective course, mandatory course or extra course.