The EUCOTAX Wintercourse is a program in the area of International Tax Law for almost 30 years now. Students and professors of 12 universities participate in this seminar. In 2021/2022, the topic is ‘Taxpayers’ rights in the XXI Century’.
Information for Tilburg University students who want to apply
For master students Tax Law, Tax Economics or International Business Tax who search for an (international) challenge
What are you going to do?
You write a paper about the Dutch situation of an international Wintercourse topic. In 2021/2022 this is ‘Taxpayers’ rights in the XXI Century’. Six students research six sub topics.
After that, you and your fellow Tilburg University students go to the University of Valencia for a week where you, together with international students, do comparative tax law research and write a joint paper on base of the results.
On base of this joint paper, you write your Master thesis.
The 3 benefits of the EUCOTAX Wintercourse:
- 18 ECTS for your Master thesis and 6 ECTS for your paper (core course).
- Graduation in June 2022 with efficient supervision.
- A publication of the joint paper written together with international students.
Why would I want to participate in the EUCOTAX Wintercourse?
- Participation in the EUCOTAX Wntercourse means broadening your horizon, gaining international study and research experience and building your professional and social network.
- It gives you the chance to write your thesis in an international environment with regular supervision of renowned professors in the tax field.
- Also, you get valuable contacts at EY for your future and support during the writing process of both your paper and thesis.
- Because you get assistance from the Tilburg Language center too, you get to improve your English skills because of the support of the Tilburg Language center.
Paper: 6 ECTS
Valencia & Tilburg
Tilburg University and the University of Valencia
- September 2021-March 2022: you follow workshops by professors of the Fisal Institute Tilburg with five other students from Tilburg University and write your paper
- 30 March 2022 – 6 April 2022 University of Valencia, Spain: the Wintercourse seminar with workshops, conferences and team events
- April 2022 – June 2022: you write your Master thesis
- June 2022: Master graduation
How to apply?
Mail your resume, list of grades and motivation letter at the latest on 19 September 2021 to: email@example.com
Our main sponsor EY
EY offers our master students plenty of possibilities to get acquainted with the firm. You get assistance in the practical issues of your sub topic when writing your paper and Master thesis
The fun thing about the Wintercourse is that you do not only discuss the legislation and regulation of countries and find the differences, but also talk to the students and professors of the other countries. You mingle and bond.