The EUCOTAX Wintercourse is a program in the area of International Tax Law for 30 years now. Students and professors of 14 universities participate in this seminar. In 2022/2023, the topic is 'Legitimacy of Tax Rules’.
Information for Tilburg University students who want to apply
For master students Tax Law, Tax Economics or International Business Taxation who search for an (international) challenge
What are you going to do?
You write a paper about the Dutch situation of an international Wintercourse topic. In 2022/2023 this is ‘Legitimacy of Tax Rules’. Six students research six different sub topics.
After that, you and your fellow Tilburg University students go to the University of Uppsala for a week where you, together with international students, do comparative tax law research and write a joint paper on base of the results.
On base of this joint paper, you write your Master thesis.
The 3 benefits of the EUCOTAX Wintercourse:
- 18 ECTS for your Master thesis and 6 ECTS for your paper (core course).
- Graduation in June 2023 with efficient supervision.
- A publication of the joint paper written together with international students.
Why would I want to participate in the EUCOTAX Wintercourse?
- Participation in the EUCOTAX Wntercourse means broadening your horizon, gaining international study and research experience and building your professional and social network.
- It gives you the chance to write your thesis in an international environment with regular supervision of renowned professors in the tax field.
- Also, you get valuable contacts at EY for your future and support during the writing process of both your paper and thesis.
- Because you get assistance from the Tilburg Language center too, you get to improve your English skills.
Paper: 6 ECTS
Uppsala & Tilburg
Tilburg University and the University of Uppsala
- September 2022-March 2023: you follow workshops by professors of the Fiscal Institute Tilburg with five other students from Tilburg University and write your paper
- 13 April 2023 – 20 April 2023: University of Uppsala, Sweden: the Wintercourse seminar with workshops, conferences and team events
- April 2023– June 2023: you write your Master thesis
- June 2023: Master graduation
How to apply?
The application for 2022/2023 is closed now.
Our main sponsor EY
EY offers our master students plenty of possibilities to get acquainted with the firm. You get assistance in the practical issues of your sub topic when writing your paper and Master thesis
The fun thing about the Wintercourse is that you do not only discuss the legislation and regulation of countries and find the differences, but also talk to the students and professors of the other countries. You mingle and bond.