Work on assignments with your fellow students

Major - Minor

The main specialization of your program is called a major. The minor is the part of your program that you can complete yourself. The major-minor structure provides you with optimal flexibility in organizing your study program.

Major – specialization

In several study programs a specialization (major) is part of the curriculum. After the first year you have to choose one of the available specializations. A specialization consists of a fixed set of courses.

Video tutorial: How to register for a specialization (in Dutch) (major).

Minor - What is a minor?

The minor is the part in your bachelor’s program in which you are free to choose the courses you want to study. With this minor you can give a personal touch to your education. For example you can combine a bachelor in Human Resource Management with a minor in Sociology.

In addition, the minor can provide direction for further education or career prospects.

    How do you register your minor?

    Note: you still need to enrol for the minor courses separately in Osiris Student. If you register a minor, the grades of your minor courses will automatically be registered properly on your transcript. If you don't register, the grades will appear as 'in process' until you enter a minor title.

    For some programs, you also do electives. That gives you even more space to design your program to your liking. The minor- and elective courses combined form the free space of your education.

    Am I allowed to follow (minor-)courses from another institution in the Netherlands?

    Yes you can follow courses at another university. Whether or not it can be part of you program and added to your grade list, you will need to check with your Education Coordinator. You (probably) have to register as an initial student (bijvakstudent) at the institution of your choice. Therefore, you need permission from Tilburg University. If you fill out the Student Desk contact form with a request for permission to follow courses at another university. Please mention:

    • your ANR
    • the name of the university 
    • the names/codes of the particular courses + number of ECTS

    The Student Desk will then provide you with a statement of permission. For TSB students: After you have completed the courses, go to the Student Desk with the original transcript of records to make sure your grades are registered.