How do I stay mentally healthy in these Corona times?
These are difficult times for everyone! The measures introduced by the government mean that all education by Tilburg University will be provided online until the end of this academic year. We can imagine that this is difficult for some students. The measures require a lot of flexibility from everyone. Especially because you don't have contact with your study mates and it is also not possible to visit our campus.
How do you endure the isolation?
Tilburg University is doing its best to continue its educational activities online as much as possible.
For you as a student, it is also important that you try to follow as closely as possible the subject matter offered to you and keep up with your studies in that way. This requires a lot of discipline and flexibility. Also, what can you do during daytime and how to meet other students online? And where can you go when things are not going so well for you? How do you maintain the social distance as well as possible?
To get through the day and the coming weeks, you will find a number of tips below. If you need extra help in these strange and sometimes frightening times, please do not hesitate to aks help.
Update May 18: helpline
Are you experiencing psychological problems as a result of the corona crisis? Please do not hesitate to anonymously call the Tilburg University special helpline: +31 (0)6 28 771 262. The helpline is available 24/7 and is intended for all students.
Update April 24: tips
Univers has tested a number of tips from this page. Watch this video (with English subtitles) to see how you liked it...
How will you get through the day and this special period?
What can you do against dark feelings?
What do you do when you already have or get psychological problems?
Tilburg University offers:
- You can simply make appointments with the student psychologists, the education coordinators, the dual career coordinator and the Deans of Students. The appointments are made by phone or skype.
- Besides the regular appointment possibilities with the social worker of Tilburg University, you can also chat with her three times a week.
- Are you experiencing psychological problems as a result of the corona crisis? Please do not hesitate to anonymously call the Tilburg University special helpline: +31 (0)6 28 771 262. The helpline is available 24/7 and is intended for all students. You can contact the helpline anonymously for a personal consultation and a listening ear. You can share your story here and receive advice on questions related to the Corona virus. Also when you experience complaints of a depressive nature such as sadness and anxiety, panic and anxiety, lethargy and fatigue, sleep problems and stress. The helpline offers support and the help is noncommittal and anonymous.
- Take a look at Maranatha for the adapted activities and contact possibilities.
- See also the help sites recommended by the student psychologists.
How To Respond Effectively To The Corona Crisis (5:23 minutes)
Perhaps also relevant
Information concerning coronavirus
Tilburg University is closely following the developments concerning the coronavirus and will provide any updates here. It is in contact with the Municipal Health Service (GGD) and National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM).
Latest update: May 20
FAQ on coronavirus for students
For you as a student, the corona measures have an impact on your daily life and on the way you study and study. We want to inform you as clearly as possible about the measures and developments. We do this by working out Frequently Asked Questions for you. These questions and answers are regularly updated. Do you have a question that is not listed here? Please let us know.
Activities, events, and tips in online community Tilburg University - Together online
The coronavirus has given rise to measures that affect everyone of us. Especially now, it is important to stay connected in a positive way. To that end, Tilburg University has launched a Facebook page: Tilburg University – Together online. In this online environment, you can share fun or interesting online activities, events, or tips. Be welcome and post!