Michael P. Papazoglouholds the chair of Computer Science and is director of the INFOLAB. He is scientific director of the European "Network of Excellence" S-Cube. His research was/is funded by the European Commission, the Australian Research Council, the Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science, and Departments of Science and Technology in Europe and Australia. He is a golden core member and a distinguished visitor of the Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Computer Science section.
His main research interests include: Federated and Distributed Information Systems, Distributed Computing Systems, Cooperative Systems, Electronic Business, Internet & World-Wide Web Systems and Architectures, Software Modelling Design and Development, Legacy System Modernization, Enterprise Application Integration, e-Business Integration, Service-Oriented Computing, Business Process Management
Most recent publications
- 1983: Ph.D. in Microcomputer Systems Engineering, Department of Computer Engineering, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK. Title: "The Parallel Simula Machine"
- 1979: M.Sc. in Computer Systems Engineering, Department of Computer Science, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK. Title: "Design and Construction of a General Display System"
- 1978: B.Sc. Honours in Electronic Engineering, Department of Electronic Engineering, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK. Title "Design & Construction of an Instrumentation Amplifier"
- 2007-present Scientific Director, S-Cube: The Software Services and Systems European Network of Excellence
- 2007-present Professorial Fellow, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain
- 2007-present Professorial Fellow, Universite Claude Bernard Lyon1, France
- 2007-present Professorial Fellow, University of New South Wales, Australia
- 2006-present Scientific Advisor, European Union in the area of Software & Service Architectures and member of the EIFFEL Think Tank on Future Internet
- 2000-present Honorary professor at the University of Trento in Italy
- 1996-present Full Professor and director of the INFOLAB, Tilburg University, the Netherlands
- 1993-1994 Visiting Professor, Fernuniversitaet Hagen (FUH), Germany
- 1992-1996 Director of Cooperative Information Systems Research Center, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
- 1991-1996 Full Professor and Head of School of Information Systems, Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Brisbane, Australia
- 1991-1992 Reader in Computer Science, Australian National University
- 1989-1991 Senior Lecturer in Computer Science, Australian National University
- 1988-1989 Visiting Professor, Department of Informatics at the University of Koblenz, Germany
- 1987-1989 International Project Leader, National German Research Institute of Computer Science GMD, St. Augustin, Germany
- 1984-1987 Senior Researcher, National German Research Institute of Computer Science GMD, St. Augustin, Germany
- 1983-1984 Senior Lecturer in Computer Science, Department of Computer Science, University of Patras, Greece
- 1983-1984 Lecturer in Computer Science, Department of Computer Science, University of Patras, Greece
- 1979-1981 Research Associate, Nuclear Research Center Democritos, Division of Computers, Athens, Greece
Most recent publications
- Service-enAbling Pre-exIsting ENterpriSe Assets, principal investigator, National Dutch Research Council NWO, JACQUARD (Joint Academic and Commercial Quality Research & Development) grant approx Euro 180.000, 2008-2011.
- The Software Services and Systems European Network of Excellence, Scientific Director, EU FP-7 STREP project, grant approx Euro 950.000, 2008-2012.
- Compliance-driven Models, Languages, and Architectures for Services, EU FP-7 STREP project, grant approx Euro 480.000, 2008-2011.
- EXecution of Transactional Contracted Electronic services, principal investigator, National Dutch Research Council NWO, grant approx Euro 550.000, 2004-2007.
- Profile based Retrieval Of Network based Information Resources, co-principal investigator National Dutch Research Council NWO, grant approx Euro 400.000, 2002-2004.
Editorial Board Memberships
- Editor in charge of the series on "Service Oriented Computing", Springer-Verlag, forthcoming in 2008
- Co-editor in charge of the monograph series "Topics in Information Systems", MIT-Press.
- Associate editor, ACM Transactions on the Web (TWEB).
- Associate editor, International Journal on Electronic Commerce: Research and Applications, Elsevier North-Holland.
- Associate Editor, International World-Wide Web Journal, Kluwer Academic Publishers.
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Elsevier.
- Associate Editor, International Journal on Knowledge and Information Systems, Springer-Verlag.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the European Association for Microprocessing & Microprogramming (correspondent for Australia).
- Associate Editor, International Journal on Applied Knowledge-Engineering, Springer-Verlag.
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board, International Journal of Information Systems, Pergamon Press.
- Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems, World Scientific Publishing Company.
- Topic: Replaceability in SOA Process and Service Networks
- Topic: Service Evolution
- Financial supported by NWO
- Topic: Transactional Contracted Electronic Services
- Thesis defence 12-09-2007
- Title: 'On the Development and Management of Adaptive Business Collaborations'
- Supervisors: Prof.dr.ir. M.P. Papazoglou and Dr. J. Yang
- Thesis defence 28-02-2007
- Title: 'Access Control and Service-Oriented Architectures'
- Supervisors: Prof.dr.ir. M.P. Papazoglou, Prof.dr. H.A. Proper, and Dr. W.J.A.M. van den Heuvel
- Thesis defence 20-02-2004
- Title: 'Monitoring Multi-party Contracts for E-business'
- Supervisors: Prof.dr.ir. M.P. Papazoglou and Dr.rer.nat. M.A. Jeusfeld
Willem-Jan van den Heuvel
- Thesis defence 14-06-2002
- Title: 'Integrating Modern Business Applications with Objectified Legacy Systems'
- Supervisors: Prof.dr.ir. M.P. Papazoglou and Prof.dr. P.M.A. Ribbers
The 20th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAISE '08), June 16-20, 2008, Montpellier, France. Keynote: "Evolvable Web Services".
The First European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA 2007), September 24-26, 2007, Madrid, Spain. Keynote: "What's in a Service?".
The 4th International Conference on Web Information Systems Engineering (WISE 2003), December 10-12, 2003, Rome, Italy. Keynote: "Service-Oriented Computing: Concepts, Characteristics and Directions".
The CAISE 2002 International Workshop Webservices, E-Business, and the Semantic Web (WES 2002), May 27-28, 2002, Toronto, Canada. Keynote: "The world of e-business: Web-services, workflows, and business transactions".
The 3rd International Workshop on Cooperative Information Agents (CIA 1999). July 31-August 2, Uppsala, Sweden. Keynote: "The role of agent technology in business to business electronic commerce".
The 2nd International Symposium on Cooperative Database Systems for Advanced Applications (CODAS'99), March 27-28, 1999, Wollongong, Australia. Keynote: Integrated value chains and their implication for business objects and legacy systems.
The 11th European Workshop on Knowledge Acquisition, Modeling and Management (EKAW'99), May 26-29, 1999, Dagstuhl, Germany. Keynote: Knowledge navigation in networked digital libraries.
- General Chair, International Conference on Intelligent and Cooperative Information Systems CoopIS, Montpellier, France, September 2006
- General Chair, 3rd International Conference on Service Oriented Computing, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, December 2005
- Co-Workshop Chair, Symposium on Advanced Internet Computing (SAiNT), Trento, Italy, February 2005
- Co-Program Chair, Web Information Systems Engineering Conference WISE 2004, Brisbane, Australia, December 2004
- Co-Program Chair, 2nd International Conference on Service Oriented Computing, New York, USA, December 2004
- Founder and Co-Program Chair, First International Conference on Service Oriented Computing, Trento, Italy, December 2003
- Co-Program Chair, 4th International Conference on Advances on Digital Libraries ADL-00, Bethesda, USA, May 2000
Room K 1011A
PO Box 90153 5000 LE Tilburg
|Phone||+31 13 466 2349|
|Secretary||+31 13 466 3020|
|Fax||+31 13 466 3069|
Tilburg School of Economics and Management
Department of Management