Tilburg University's Master's program in International Business Taxation / track International Business Tax Economics equips you with the advanced tools needed to understand and manage the complex problems companies and governments face in the field of international business taxation.
Taxation is an increasingly important determinant in the decision-making processes of international enterprises
Taxation is an increasingly important determinant for enterprises in their decision-making processes on where and how to invest:
- Incentives and disincentives created by tax systems affect the behavior of multinational enterprises.
- Nonetheless, economic considerations are taken into account as well in the decision-making process on whether, where and how to invest.
With your understanding on how these tax and economic considerations relate, you will be optimally prepared to help multinational enterprises, organizations and governments to improve today's decision-making processes in the field of international business taxation.
A Tilburg University Master's degree in International Business Tax Economics offers you:
- A multi-disciplinary approach which ensures that you understand the full range of economic and legal tax aspects of corporate organizations and international business transactions.
- A unique focus on concepts and principles underlying tax systems worldwide, instead of focusing on the tax system of one country only.
- The key competencies necessary for a successful career including the ability to gather, process, and analyze information and communicate the results in an effective way
- Teaching by a team of senior, internationally-reputed economic and law lecturers. These academics are widely published in the top academic journals in the fields of corporate tax law, international and European tax law, VAT, accounting and economics. They are also affiliated to the Fiscal Institute Tilburg, the largest Fiscal Institute within Europe.
Student Mike Voets
"This Master’s program gave me practical and applicable knowledge in the field of international taxation."
International Business Taxation in short
More about the admission requirements and application procedure
major accounting and consulting firms,
multinational companies, intra-governmental institutions,
universities ministries of economic affairs,
ministries of finance, national tax administrations
and non-profit organizations.
More about the career perspectives
#18 in the world in Economics and Business - Global
Universities Ranking US News, 2016
#51-100 in the world in Economics & Business -
Academic Ranking of World Universities