International Business Tax Economics
Acquire a qualification that opens doors worldwide
Tilburg University's Master's program in International Business Taxation / track International Business Tax Economics equips you with the advanced tools needed to understand and manage the complex problems companies and governments face in the field of international business taxation.
Taxation is an increasingly important determinant for enterprises in their decision-making processes on where and how to invest. Incentives and disincentives created by tax systems affect the behavior of multinational enterprises. Nonetheless, economic considerations are taken into account as well in the decision-making process on whether, where and how to invest. Students acquire in-depth knowledge in the key areas of international business tax economics. With your understanding on how tax and economic considerations relate, you will be optimally prepared to help multinational enterprises, organizations and governments to improve today's decision-making processes in the field of international business taxation.
A Tilburg University Master's degree in International Business Tax Economics offers you:
- A multi-disciplinary approach which ensures that you understand the full range of economic and legal tax aspects of corporate organizations and international business transactions;
- A unique focus on concepts and principles underlying tax systems worldwide, instead of focusing on the tax system of one country only;
- The key competencies necessary for a successful career including the ability to gather, process, and analyze information and communicate the results in an effective way;
- The opportunity to customise your degree with a specialized sub-track. Choose between IBTE & Accounting and IBTE & Intra-Jurisdictional Competition;
- Research-Based Learning; Teaching at Tilburg University is research-based and research-driven. This means you will learn how to conduct research and how to apply it. You will be provided with the skills and attitude needed to work independently and think analytically - important skills for your future career.
A core team of senior, internationally-reputed economic and law lecturers teach the program. These academics are widely published in the top academic journals in the fields of corporate tax law, international and European tax law, VAT, accounting and economics. They are affiliated to the Tilburg School of Economics and Management.