Learn what makes people within organizations behave the way they do, combining insights from organization science, sociology, psychology, and business management. Gain the skills to use this knowledge for structuring and facilitating organizational collaboration, learning, innovation, and development.
National Student Survey, 2017 | n = 64
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n = 35
Nationale Alumni Enquête, 2017 | n= 35
Program and courses
Learn to diagnose organizational problems, formulate research-informed solutions to those problems, communicate these effectively with the relevant stakeholders in their respective organizations, and manage the implementation processes. All combining the latest insights and approaches from organization science, sociology, psychology, and business management.
Practice related teamwork is a key part of the program:
- Frequent group assignments in real-life settings, as well as through the acquisition of knowledge on team processes.
- Support and feedback from a small group of fellow students while writing your thesis in so-called Thesis Circles.
Extend your master
Expand your knowledge and practical skills even further with a traineeship: the Extended Master adds a one-year professional traineeship to the program with a wide range of companies to choose from. Total duration of the Extended Master: 1.5 years.
Typical courses are:
- Complexity within Organizations
- Organizing Strategy and Entrepreneurship
- Social Developments and Institutions
Become prepared for management and internal and external consultancy positions in the public and private sectors, as well as for research careers. Excellent opportunities for graduates who wish to pursue positions as a policy advisor, management consultant, and project manager.
Graduates start or work for example as or at:
- Project leader/project manager at Lean Six Sigma
- Rabobank Nederland
- ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
- Average number of months until first paid job is 2.6
- 86% of our alumni does find a job within 5 months after graduation
- Gross monthly income: €2,513
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n = 35
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August (both the Master’s and the Pre-Master’s program)
Best preparatory programs:
- Business (Administration)
- Human Resource Studies
- Organization Studies
- Political Science
- Social Sciences
One-year (60 ECTS) Pre-Master’s program available if your previous program is relevant but does not meet the required entry level, for example a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences.
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
|€ 2,060*||€ 14,500|
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university. More information about the tuition fees and scholarships available for international students.
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from November 1st until December 31st 2018.
Interested in the MSc Organization Studies?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application