Organizing and Managing Digital Transformation
Examine how digital technologies impact core organizational processes and reshape relationships between and within organizations. In the track Organizing and Managing Digital Transformation you study how organizations respond, adjust, and navigate technological transformations from multiple perspectives. You will also learn how to advise organizations that are facing these challenges. This is a track of the MSc Organization and Management Studies.
US News Best Global Universities, 2023
Times Higher Education ranking, 2023
starting as of September 2024
Program and courses
In this Master’s program, you will analyze organizational changes triggered by the introduction of digital technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, and the Internet of Things. You will help organizations and their stakeholders to interpret, introduce, and adapt. In addition, you will develop the skills to examine new organizational forms and business models centered around digital technologies and learn to leverage emerging innovation trends to evolve businesses.
- This track has a multi-disciplinary approach with insights from Organization and Management Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Governance, Law, and Digital Sciences.
- Study digital transformation from a sociological and relational perspective that is applicable to all organizations.
- Take part in an innovative program that utilizes interactive learning and practical teamwork to analyze and plan for organizational challenges related to digital transformation.
- This track offers a practical orientation via workshops with external experts to understand technologies that have the potential to highly impact businesses and governments.
Typical courses are:
- Introduction to Digital Transformation in Society and Organizations
- Managing Digital Transformation in Organizations
- Organizing Strategy & Entrepreneurship
- Organizational Dynamics
- In the Master Organization and Management Studies you will learn to diagnose organizational problems, formulate research-based solutions to those problems, communicate these effectively with the relevant stakeholders, and manage the implementation processes.
- The Organizing for Global Social Challenges track gives you a different perspective on sustainable development based on the theories and methods of Global Management of Social Issues. This specialization considers the role of organizations in addressing global societal challenges.
Jordy van der JagtBusiness Consultant CGI
"This Master's is a great opportunity for students who recognize the importance of IT in this day and age and want to know more about the cutting edge of business and IT."
Bram KaashoekPartner and Chief Operating Officer at Main Capital Partners
"Information Technology is everywhere and impacts the way we live and work. It drives innovation and contributes to solutions for societal challenges."
Noah SmeetsConsultant Data Ecosystems at TNO
"Understanding the use and development of data and systems makes your Organization and Management knowledge more applicable in the digital era."
As a graduate, you understand the societal challenges public and private organizations face regarding digitalization. With your analytical skills, you can carefully consider all options and devise strategies for digital transformation in organizations, while acknowledging the implications for various stakeholders. You will leverage your organizational and technical knowledge to communicate and collaborate across business, strategy, and design teams. As an organizational analyst, you can work as a consultant, project manager, or business analyst in public or private organizations such as government, large or small companies, or healthcare.
Some examples of possible jobs:
- Consultant in an international organization, connecting people in order to create the most competent team to solve complex digitalization challenges.
- People and Organization Officer in healthcare, managing and guiding various teams during a digitalization project.
- Product manager in a tech company, identifying business objectives while ensuring that projects run smoothly to produce the best possible results.
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
A one-year (60 ECTS) Pre-Master’s program is available if your previous program is relevant but does not meet the required entry-level. For example, a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences. The pre-Master’s program starts at the end of August.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
More information on this Master's program
Create your own e-brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
16:00 - 17:00
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Master's programs
Are you curious about the experiences of international students like you? Join our Get to know Tilburg University Webinar led by our international team and discover what it is like to study at Tilburg University! It is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, and our university. You can join the webinar from 16:00 until 17:00 CET.
09:30 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Are you interested in doing a Master's program? Do you want to specialize or are you looking for a Master that broadens your possibilities? Join us at the Master's Open day on March 23 to find out which (pre-)Master's program suits you best. Learn all about our (pre-)Master’s programs and tracks, and ask teachers, students, and education coordinators your questions.
13:30 - 16:00
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Join our Campus Experience on April 3 or May 8! Discover our compact and green campus with one of our students and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
Interested in the Organizing and Managing Digital Transformation track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application