Elevators and stairs
We do our best to make campus buildings accessible and passable for people with disabilities. The top and bottom steps of the stairs (inside and outside) are marked. They are all equipped with at least one handrail. The elevators in Tilburg University buildings are generally small, but just meet the requirements.
As a rule, the university's buildings are easily accessible and passable.
Elevators and stairs
All stairs within Tilburg University and outside on the campus are marked on the top step and on the bottom step and they are facilitated with at least one handrail. The elevators in the buildings of Tilburg University are commonly small, but they meet the requirements. However, there are exceptions:
- Cobbenhagen building: You can only take the elevator near the aula to the first floor and not to the basement.
- Cobbenhagen building: The elevator behind the desk of the coffee room is unsuitable for mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs.
- Cobbenhagen building: The horizontal accessibility is currently sufficient only on the ground floor. The second floor is currently not accessible by someone who depends on a wheelchair or cannot climb stairs. This is because the elevator near the auditorium is broken and, due to the inability to deliver parts, repairing it in early January 2024 did not prove feasible, nor can we currently indicate when it can be fixedcannot be fixed until the beginning of January 2024. If this prevents students from attending lectures, please contact your education coordinator. They can see if it is possible to reschedule lectures in another hall or if lectures can be followed online via a live stream. If, as a teacher, you cannot teach because of this, please contact the scheduling department of AS to look for a possible solution.
- Tias building: The elevator in the back of the building is not suitable for wheelchairs. You can only take this elevator to the intermediate floor near the lecture rooms.
- Simon building: The elevator is unsuitable for large mobility scooters and electric wheelchairs.
- Reitse Poort: The buttons of the elevator are badly accessible. They are too high and they do not have soft-touch.
- Reitse Toren: The buttons of the elevator are badly accessible. They are too high and they do not have soft-touch.
- Warande Building: No soft-touch in the elevator.