Tests and questionaires (Testotheek) university library for students
Test materials available from the library
Commercial (psychological) tests and questionnaires are available in the library. You can borrow these for study purposes. The collection is called Testotheek.
Tests and questionnaires
When the development or use of a questionnaire is described in a journal article, it is often entirely or partly included in the text or in the appendix. Articles can be found via A to Z databases.
Try these databases:
- WorldCat Discovery
- Sociological Abstracts
- Google Scholar
Although search options differ for each database, useful search terms may prove to be: 'questionnaire', 'survey', 'test' in combination with e.g. 'personality', 'career', 'employee satisfaction' or 'consumers'.
- The website of the Dutch journal Tijdschrift voor psychiatrie: meetinstrumenten provides an overview of tests. For each test it is indicated whether it’s freely available or not.
- Useful information about finding information about psychological test can be found on the website of the American Psychological Association (APA).
Descriptions and reviews
Information on tests such as descriptions, reviews and user instructions as well as names and contact details of the developers can be found in:
- The COTAN database: overview of all tests in Dutch with a review by COTAN.
- Library databases (see tests and questionnaires above) and on the public web: search with the name of the test, combined with terms such as 'review', 'evaluation', 'validity' or 'reliability'.
Our library collection contains (e-)books on how to make questionnaires. Examples include:
- Asking questions: The definitive guide to questionnaire design, for market research, political polls, and social and health questionnaires (SOC C20 45295)
- Questionnaire design (SOC C20 45917/01)
- De vragenlijst (SOC C20 41190)
- Enquêteren; het opstellen en gebruiken van vragenlijsten (SOC C20 45192a)
- Encyclopedia of psychological assessment (e-book, 2003)
On the web, use terms like 'questionnaire', 'questionnaire development', 'questionnaire design' and 'assessment instruments'.
Tests and questionnaires for personal use
Tests on how to prepare for a job interview can also be found online and in the library.
- Het psychologisch onderzoek: een oefenboek (BIC A6 STU 2011)
- Test jezelf (SOC B90 44394)
- Alles over managementtests (SOC H28 45535)