Tilburg University & corona
Because we at Tilburg University understand that tightening COVID-19 measures raises many questions, we try to share as much information as possible about the guidelines of Tilburg University on this website. The information is regularly updated and updated based on the questions we receive.
Update november 29, 2021, 18:00 hrs
Update november 26, 2021, 19:30 hrs
Update november 12, 2021, 21:00 hrs
Update November 4, 2021, 11:15 hrs
This page contains all important information about campus, education, working on campus and events.
Together we ensure a safe working and learning environment.
- Stay home if you have any complaints (also cold symptoms) and have yourself tested;
- Wear a face mask when moving through the campus buildings;
- Stay at a 1.5 meter distance from each other where possible.
- Everyone must follow the guidelines of the government and the RIVM. In addition to the hygiene measures of the RIVM, Tilburg University's guidelines have been drawn up;
- 1.5 meters of distance must be maintained in those areas where the QR check is not required, but this excludes education;
- There is a maximum group size of 75 people. This applies for education, but will not apply to exams. The maximum group size will apply in the Library. This means that 75 students per floor will be able to use a work place. We are working to adjust the reservation system accordingly as soon as possible;
- The mask mandate applies at our campus. This means that, as before, people must wear face masks when moving around inside the university buildings and may take them off when seated in a lecture hall or behind their desks. As of November 6, the mask mandate also applies in the shops on campus;
- Hospitality venues close at 17:00. This concerns Grand Café Esplanade, O'Café, Olympia Sports Bar and Faculty Club. Company Canteens (Restaurant) and flow-through locations may stay open longer for take-out. Please check the website for current opening hours.
- The QR check applies in Grand Café Esplanade and the Faculty Club, also to the outdoor seating area. At flow-through locations and in company canteens, no QR needs to be shown (including Restaurant, Top Croque, CUBE). A maximum of 75 seats are available in Restaurant.
- The Sports Center closes at 5:00 p.m. At the entrance of the Sports Center a QR check takes place. After this QR check, users of the facilities will not need to wear a face mask when moving around. At sports activities, your mouth mask may be taken off. Audience is not allowed at sporting events.
- Events cannot take place after 5pm. All events and activities must adhere to a maximum of 75 people per independent room and a fixed seating area. It is not permissible to allow more people in the space through the CoronaCheck. Please contact Conference and Event Support (CES).
- Self-testing remains important. Self-tests can still be ordered and delivered to your home at no cost through zelftestonderwijs.nl. We ask that if you are studying or working on campus and have not yet been vaccinated, you take a self-test before coming to campus. Vaccinated students and employees, we ask that you take a self-test twice a week. Only come to campus if your self test is negative;
- Access to educational activities is not conditional on taking a self-test. More information on using self-test kits can be found under ‘self-test kits’ in the FAQ section;
- Have you not yet been vaccinated against COVID-19? If so, we encourage you to get vaccinated. We would like to draw your attention to the fact that at several locations of the GGD it is possible to get vaccinated without an appointment. For more information, go to vaccinations without appointment.
- A maximum group size of 75 people applies in education. This means that once again lectures with a group size of over 75 will take place online. What this means for the way in which your courses will be taught, will be communicated via Canvas;
- The maximum group size will not apply to exams;
- As a university, we want to move toward blended learning. This means that for each part of the program, we will look at which form of education fits best and whether this form of education will be offered online or physically.
- All supervised exams will take place on campus. You can find more information in the FAQ on exams section.
The pandemic continues to affect students' plans to go abroad on exchange or to come to Tilburg for an exchange. Exchanges in the academic year 2021-2022 are therefore only possible in line with the development of the pandemic and the national guidelines and those of Tilburg University and partner universities.
Please find an overview of current exchange policy and answers to related questions in the FAQ section on exchanges.
Working on campus
The home working advice has been tightened: work at home, unless you cannot work at home.
- If you come to work on campus, it is mandatory to keep a distance of 1.5 meters and to wear a mouth mask when moving through the university buildings.
The principles are:
- Employees work at home unless the work requires physical presence. This is the case with among others:
- Providing or supporting face-to-face on-site education, recording digital education, and examination;
- Conducting on-site laboratory research;
- Executing vital operations as well as processes needed to maintain overall operations;
- In addition, we want to offer the facilities we have for working safely on campus as much as possible to people for whom working from home is difficult for various reasons. For example because they lack a proper home office or because they experience feelings of loneliness or monotony.
- In the coming months we will be working on organizing the facilities, the occupational health and safety guidelines and the ICT infrastructure for hybrid meetings;
- We realize that there are many things to consider when implementing hybrid working. Not all employees and students who come to campus to provide or follow education or other work activities will feel completely comfortable and safe. The basic principle here is: we take each other into account and give each other space.
- Events cannot take place after 5pm. Please contact Conference and Event Support (CES).
- All events and activities must adhere to a maximum of 75 people per independent room and a fixed seating area.
- It is not permissible to allow more people in the space through the CoronaCheck.
- In line with the measures for the hospitality industry, fixed seating areas and 1.5 meters also apply to social activities (drinks, coffee/tea reception) and therefore we call for this to be taken to nearby hospitality venues or cancel. This is not possible in our own foyers.
- On the weekends, it is still possible to allow non-educational events to continue. However, it is necessary to use the CoronaCheck app, fixed seating and 1.5 meters. Costs for the logistical organization of this lie with the organizing unit.
PhD defenses, and inaugural and valedictory addresses (valid until 24 December). It is allowed to invite a maximum of 30 guests. It is allowed to have a maximum of 3 committee members physically present at the PhD defenses.
If the answer to your question is not listed in the Q&A, you can contact us in the following ways:
Take care and look out for each other
How do I stay in touch with my study mates or my colleagues?