Program and courses Health Humanities
Study the meaning of health and illness in our society. Investigate how these concepts relate to cultural norms and how they address issues of equity and justice. Also learn how you can report on research outcomes to influence the debate and decision making processes around these topics.
This one-year track of MA Culture Studies consists of 60 ECTS:
- 4 core courses (24 ECTS)
- 2 research skills modules (6 ECTS)
- Internship (9ECTS) + self study module (3 ECTS) or 2 elective courses (6 ECTS)
- Master’s thesis (18 ECTS)
This program starts at the end of August.
Research skill modules
Internship + self study module or elective courses
Short overview of Health Humanities
- Reflect upon health from an interdisciplinary humanities perspective.
- Study how developments and opinions regarding health, medicine and healthcare are reflected in cultural practices in society. And learn how cultural norms, diversity, technological developments and the online world shape these developments and opinions.
- Critically evaluate various types of knowledge production in contemporary health and medicine using various types of research and methodologies.
- Relate concepts of health and medical sciences and practices to questions of public debate and concern.
- Connect theory with practice through in an internship (optional) and by attending guest lectures from professionals.
- Learn how to write scientific articles based on academic content which will be published in Diggit Magazine, which is both a learning instrument and an online news platform about digital culture, globalization, and arts.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in MSc Health Humanities?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application