Competition Law and Economics European Network (CLEEN)
The current challenges in competition policy and market regulation require detailed assessments not only from an interdisciplinary but also from an international perspective. In 2007 TILEC was instrumental in setting up a European network of research institutions with a similar focus: CLEEN (Competition Law and Economics European Network).
The cooperation was aimed at the joint organization of conferences and workshops, exchange of data and ideas, the exchange of (PhD) researchers and - ultimately - joint research. So far, eight successful events took place, the latest having been held in June 2014 at the University of East Anglia, Norwich, United Kingdom.
The CLEEN network comprises, in addition to TILEC:
- Centre for Competition Policy (CCP)
University of East Anglia
- Amsterdam Center for Law and Economics (ACLE)
University of Amsterdam
- European University Institute
In particular the Robert Schuman Centre (focusing on policy orientated research) and Florence School of Regulation
- Bergen Center for Competition Law and Economics (BECCLE)
Norwegian School of Economics and the University of Bergen
- Mannheim Centre for Competition and Innovation (MaCCI)
ZEW Centre for European Economic Research and the University of Mannheim
- Max-Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, Bonn
- The Max-Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods in Bonn will host the 10th CLEEN Workshop on 24 and 25 May 2016. Call for papers.
- The Tilburg Law and Economics Center (TILEC) at Tilburg University hosted the 9th CLEEN Workshop on 28 and 29 May 2015.
- The Centre for Competition Policy (CCP) at the University of East Anglia, Norwich will host the 8th CLEEN workshop on 10 and 11 June, 2014
- The Bergen Center for Competiton Law and Economics (BECCLE) at the Norwegian School of Economics and the University of Bergen will host the 7th CLEEN workshop on May 13 and 14, 2013 in Bergen, Norway.
- The MaCCI Mannheim Centre for Competition and Innovation in cooperation with the ZEW Centre for European Economic Research and the University of Mannheim hosted the 6th CLEEN workshop on May 10 and 11, 2012 in Mannheim, Germany.
- The European University Institute hosted the 5th CLEEN workshop on 9-10 May 2011 in Florence.
- ACLE hosted the 4th CLEEN meeting on 21 April 2010 in Amsterdam with keynote speakers Jan Boone (TILEC) and Christopher Engel (Bonn).
- The 3rd CLEEN meeting was hosted by TILEC in May 2009. This two-day workshop took place at Tilburg University on 14 and 15 May 2009.
- The 2nd CLEEN workshop, specifically designed to showcase the work of the network's young researchers, was held in Norwich, UK in June 2008, at the initiative of CCP.
- The 1st CLEEN meeting organized under the banner of the network took place at the Max- Planck Institute for Research and Collective Goods in Bonn, Germany in December 2007.