Career prospects Art and Media Studies
Upon graduation you will be a communication & culture professional, able to perform a pivotal role in ongoing digital and societal developments, capable of analyzing, understanding, evaluating and communicating about artistic and cultural practices in online and offline contexts.
Knowledge and skills
You will gain an understanding of digitalization processes, and develop skills in online publishing and in analyzing artistic and cultural expressions and performances, including their impact.
These knowledge and skills are valuable in 'regular' jobs such as: public communications specialist, journalist/columnist, communications coordinator, web editor or programmer of film, theater or debates. As well as in new emerging careers such as influencer, vlogger, and digitalization expert.
Recent placements include:
- Coordinator Education at Music Academy INHolland
- Editor at Clipboard Publishing
- Content Curator at Upcoming.nl
- Marketing & Publicity officer at Theater de Bussel
- Artist / curator (self-employed)
- Marketing & Communications at International Choreographic Arts Centre
- Editor & Scout at Debut Contemporary
- Communications officer & Copywriter at Kunstbalie
- Average time between graduation and first paid job is 3.6 months
- 83% of our alumni find a job within 6 months after graduation, and 59% within 2 months
- 80% of the alumni would choose the same program at our university again
Source: Alumni of Culture Studies (all tracks), National Alumni Survey, 2016-2018 | n = 46
Become a teacher
Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge with others? If you are a Dutch graduate, you have the possibility to follow a one-year educational post-master to become a teacher in Dutch language and culture. Please note that you will probably need to follow extra courses to fully meet the admissions requirements of this post-master.
After your master's
Your transition to the labor market
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
Interested in the Art and Media Studies track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application.