Program and courses Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence
Investigate various aspects of intelligence, such as reasoning, learning, perception, communication and collaboration from both the human perspective and the machine perspective.
This 2-year program consists of 120 credits (ECTS):
- 5 Artificial Intelligence courses (30 ECTS)
- 5 Cognitive Science courses (30 ECTS)
- 3 Research Skills courses (9 ECTS)
- 1 Elective course (6 ECTS)
- Research internship (15 ECTS)
There’s one course-free block in the second year which enables you to do an internship (or go on a (short) exchange abroad).
- Project and thesis (30 ECTS)
You conclude the program with an advanced interdisciplinary research project that results in a thesis.
The program starts at the end of August.
Courses per year | semester
Artificial Intelligence Courses
Cognitive Science Courses
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Please Note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in Osiris Student at the start of the year.
Short overview of the Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence program
- You will study artificial intelligence in relation to human cognition rather than from a purely engineering perspective.
- Combine knowledge of human cognition and artificial intelligence with techniques such as advanced deep learning, deep reinforcement learning and Bayesian modeling.
- Your lecturers are experts in the domains of artificial intelligence, cognitive science and data science. They will teach you the necessary technical skills to create and test models of intelligent behavior.
- Main AI focus on the domains of computational cognition, hybrid intelligence and human-AI interfacing.
- Strong research focus. From the start of your studies you are encouraged to contribute to faculty’s research as a research assistant.
Interested in the MSc Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application