Program and courses Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence
Investigate various aspects of intelligence, such as reasoning, learning, perception, communication and collaboration from both the human perspective and the machine perspective.
This 2-year program consists of 120 credits (ECTS):
- 5 Artificial Intelligence courses (30 ECTS)
- 5 Cognitive Science courses (30 ECTS)
- 3 Research Skills courses (9 ECTS)
- 1 Elective course (6 ECTS)
- Research internship (15 ECTS)
In the first semester of the second year you will conduct a (mandatory) internship.
- Project and thesis (30 ECTS)
You conclude the program with an advanced interdisciplinary research project that results in a thesis.
- Extra curricular: research assistentship.
The program starts at the end of August.
Compulsory courses per year | semester
AI = Artifical Intelligence course | CS= Cognitive Science course | RS = Research Skills course
Students who have not taken a course in Deep Learning in their prior studies will be instructed to follow the course on Deep Learning offered in the MSc Data Science and Society program in the first semester of the first year. This way, they will be able to gain the knowledge that is needed in the second part of the course Deep Reinforcement Learning.
Students who have previously taken a course in Deep Learning are free to choose an elective course from the list below:
- Deep Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Data Science: Sustainability, Privacy & Security
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Please note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in OSIRIS Student at the start of the year.
Do you want to know more about this Master’s program?
Find out more during one of our events
Short overview of the Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence program
- You will study artificial intelligence in relation to human cognition rather than from a purely engineering perspective.
- Combine knowledge of human cognition and artificial intelligence with techniques such as advanced deep learning, deep reinforcement learning and Bayesian modeling.
- Your lecturers are experts in the domains of artificial intelligence, cognitive science and data science. They will teach you the necessary technical skills to create and test models of intelligent behavior.
- Main AI focus on the domains of computational cognition, hybrid intelligence and human-AI interfacing.
- Strong research focus. From the start of your studies you are encouraged to contribute to faculty’s research as a research assistant.
Interested in the MSc Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application