Global Management of Social Issues
The new Master’s program in Global Management of Social Issues combines human resource studies, organization studies, and sociology to address complex societal challenges from a cross-cultural and international comparative perspective. The core theme will be Sustainable Development, with a particular focus on understanding and triggering its social and economic drivers.
Program and courses
Become an expert in sustainable development within an international context by addressing global societal challenges, such as poverty, migration, climate change, or humanitarian interventions after a natural disaster.
- Learn how to run projects and compose teams of experts that work on such 'wicked problems'.
- Choose one of 3 sub-tracks, receiving a Master of Science degree in the discipline of the selected track:
- Politics, Policy and Societal Development (main discipline: Sociology)
- Organizing for Global Social Challenges (main discipline: Organization Studies)
- People management for Global Social Challenges (main discipline: Human Resource Studies)
- Community-building activities throughout the program will ensure cohesion in the programs cohort. Become part of an innovative program which brings together academics and students from all over the world in a small-scale and interactive learning environment.
Typical courses are:
- Social Changes and Sustainable Development
- Hybrid Organizations
Become prepared to lead and participate in change- and innovation-oriented projects aiming to tackle societal challenges. With your combined knowledge in sociology, human resource studies, and organization studies, you can think beyond country borders and the limits of one area of expertise. These skills are in great demand within companies, organizations and projects operating in international environments.
Graduates can start for example as:
- Consultant or human resource manager in an international organization, connecting people in order to create the most competent team to solve complex problems.
- Fundraiser finding solutions for poverty, or helping with introducing sustainable practices in supply chains.
- Project manager making projects run smoothly to produce the best possible results.
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
A Bachelor’s degree in Global Management of Social Issues, Sociology, Human Resource Studies, Organization Studies, or Social Sciences.
Available for both Research University students and students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
|€ 2,060*||€ 14,500|
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university. More information about the tuition fees and scholarships available for international students.
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from November 1st until December 31st 2018.
Interested in the MSc Global Management of Social Issues?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application