Extended Master's program Health, Wellbeing and Society
Master students of the track Health, Wellbeing and Society can apply for the Extended Master's program, which adds a junior internship of 30 ECTS (half a year) to the regular program. Through a junior internship at a partner organization, the Extended Master's program provides relevant working experience and learning opportunities to enhance your professional and academic skills.
Program structure and content
You have the opportunity to extend your Master's program with half a year, in which you do a junior internship (30 ECTS) in Dutch or English.
- The internship can exclusively be done in the Netherlands.
- During the internship, you will dedicate half your time to research activities in the internship organization, and half your time researching and writing your Master's thesis.
- After completing the internship, you will receive a professional certificate in addition to your MSc.
- You can either do your Extended Master at one of the Academic Collaborative Centers at Tranzo, or at one of the partner organizations in the sector of health and wellbeing.
Application and admission
You can only apply for the Extended Master's program once you have started the Master's program in Health, Wellbeing, and Society.
- At the start of the Master’s program in Health, Wellbeing and Society, you will get more information about the Extended Master's program in a track-specific meeting. In this meeting, you will be informed on the application procedure, application deadline, possible partner organizations, and the structure of the program and internship.
You can either do your Extended Master at one of the Academic Collaborative Centers (ACC) at Tranzo, or at one of the partner organizations in the sector of health and wellbeing.
The program provides the HWS Extended Master students with a list of assignments and projects within the ACC partner organizations (for Tranzo) to choose from.
You are not expected to contact our ACC's directly.
Academic Collaborative Centers
- Academic Collaborative Center Mental Health Care
- Academic Collaborative Center Addiction
- Academic Collaborative Center Living with an Intellectual Disability
- Academic Collaborative Center Quality of healthcare providers and systems
- Academic Collaborative Center Public Health
- Academic Collaborative Center Work and Health
- Academic Collaborative Center Social Work
- Academic Collaborative Center Care for older Adults
- Academic Collaborative Center Youth
- Academic Collaborative Center Health Economics
- Academic Collaborative Center 'Technological and Social Innovation for Mental Health'
Partner organizations in Health and Wellbeing
- Gemeente Tilburg: Onderzoeksafdeling
- Nivel: Nederlands instituut voor onderzoek van de gezondheidszorg
- NORFACE: YES! project
- SCP: Sociaal en Cultureel Planbureau
- Gemeente Helmond: Afdeling Onderzoek en Statistiek
- Gemeente Breda: Afdeling Onderzoek en Informatie
Interested in the Health, Wellbeing and Society MSc track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application