International Master in Management of IT (IMMIT)
Information Systems (IS) are the heart of modern businesses. How do you use IS to make the best strategic choices and run the business day-to-day? This is what you learn in an international context during the triple degree master at three universities; in France, Finland and the Netherlands.
Why choose the International Master in Management of IT (IMMIT)?
- If you get excited about the setup, optimization and management of information systems and IT processes and you want to contribute to making strategic and tactical IT-choices within a company.
- IMMIT is an international experience. Within two years, you will receive three Master's degrees from three major universities:
- AIX-Marseille University, France:
Master Sciences du Management Spécialité Management et Technologies de l’Information
- Turku University, Finland:
Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration
- Tilburg University, the Netherlands:
Master of Science in Information Management
- AIX-Marseille University, France:
- Each partner university offers excellent education. The programs at Tilburg University and the University of Turku are accredited by the Association To Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The IAE Aix-Marseille Graduate School of Management is EQUIS accredited and was ranked as ‘Best Business School of the world’ by the Financial Times. You are part of a Master’s program that has fifteen years of international cooperation in the field of education. Our lecturers are on the forefront of international research, providing you with the latest knowledge in the field of Information Technology.
- The Master’s program has strong links with the business world. The content of the program is established in consultation with leading companies, consisting of practice oriented cases, assignments and guest speakers on a regular basis. During your Master’s thesis, the program facilitates an internship in an internationally operating company. This will provide you with fast track career opportunities in advisory and business, or pursue a PhD and have a career in research and teaching.
Ultimate international experience
You will experience different ways of learning at each university.
You will get to know the different cultures of the three countries where you study, and at the same time, meet fellow students with different backgrounds and perspectives than yours. Your fellow students are from all over the world, from countries such as India, Finland, Bulgaria and Serbia.
Each year, you are part of a small group of students whom you will spend most of your time with. You will study, experience and travel together.
Moreover, after graduation, you will become part of a tight IMMIT alumni network.
Arranging Visas and suitable housing in three different countries is challenging. That is why we arrange this for you. We support you during your visa application and offer affordable housing at all three universities, near campus.
Work after graduation
Graduates of the triple degree IMMIT end up in all kinds of international jobs. For instance, you can become
- IT Consultant, Technology Strategy Consultant – You advise on, plan, design and install information technology systems for your clients.
- Business Intelligence / Analytics Consultant – You extract data and create meaningful insights into business operations. You find, validate, sort, and synthesize information to produce impactful visual presentations that assist decision-makers.
- IT Manager, CIO – You ensure that all employees have the technology they need to get their job done and coordinate with other departments like HR or finance so data is secure.
- Information Security Specialist – You monitor your organization’s networks for security breaches and investigate when one occurs. You use and maintain software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect sensitive information.
- IT Auditor / Risk Consultant – You are responsible for analyzing and assessing a company’s technological infrastructure to ensure processes and systems run accurately and efficiently, while remaining secure and meeting compliance regulations.
Program and courses
This two-year multiple degree program consists of 120 credits (ECTS).
- You start in Marseille (France) at the end of August and move to Turku (Finland) in January.
- The first semester at IAE AIX covers all aspects of business organizations. You take courses such as Marketing, Finance and Project Management and IT Management. This will help you to become a manager or consultant who is able to speak to every department and colleague and understand what they are talking about.
- During the second semester at Turku, you delve into IT Management. How do you manage an IT Department? And what digital developments are relevant?
You will start the second year at Tilburg University. This is where you combine your acquired knowledge in Business Analytics & Emerging Trends.
- You follow courses such as Business Process Integration, Data Management, Cybersecurity and Business Analytics.
- After gaining all this theoretical knowledge, it is time to use your skills in the field during an internship at an international organization.
- You will complete the program by writing your Master’s thesis.
Fall semester: Aix-Marseille University, France - IAE Aix-Marseille Graduate School of Management
- Business Information Management
- Python for Data Science
- Business Simulation
- Financial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Multicutural Environment
- Statistics and Econometrics
- Project Management
- Leader and Behaviour Agility
- Introduction to International Business
- International Trade
- Project Management
- Creativity builds Business
- Digital Business Models
- Business and Law
- Personal Leadership (or how to work better with others and take control of your life)
- Building High Performance Teams
- Intercultural Management
Spring semester: University of Turku, Finland
- Management of ICT services
- Enterprise Architecture
- Digital Economy and Business Models
- Master's Projects - Special Work
- Research Methods
- Languages and communication studies
Fall semester: Tilburg University, the Netherlands
- Advanced Data Management
- Cybersecurity Risk Management
- Business Analytics and Emerging Trends
- IT Governance and Strategic Sourcing
Elective courses* (choose one, 6 ECTS in total):
- Business Process Integration
- Service Oriented Enterprise
- Interactive Data Transformation
- Enterprise Architecture as a Business Strategy*
- Business Intelligence & Business Analytics*
- Smart Business Networks*
- Digital Transformation and Innovation*
* These elective courses take place in the third or fourth unit of the second semester.
Spring semester: Tilburg University, the Netherlands
The second semester of the IMMIT program includes an internship in an internationally operating company besides your thesis work (30 ECTS in total). This internship could be carried out anywhere in the world and gives you fast track career opportunities.
4 courses in the picture
Business Information Management, AIX-Marseille
The goal of the course Business Information Management is to provide you with a solid business-side perspective on Information Systems (IS) and Information Technology (IT). The course is composed of three parts:
Part I: IS/IT strategy – Concepts and Principles
Part II: E-Business – Internal and External Integration
Part III: An Economic approach
Management of ICT services, University of Turku
You learn what the typical IT services are and understand the challenges and requirements in providing and managing those services. You understand the influence of business strategy and the nature of the company on IT services. You also understand the levels of IT management and the relationships between IT function and other business functions. You have gained basic knowledge on relevant models of this field presented both in the literature and in standards (e.g. ISO) and frameworks (e.g. ITIL).
Advanced Data Management, Tilburg University
Data Management is about the design and execution of plans that enable an organization to control and enhance the value of data throughout its lifecycle. Data Management is increasingly becoming an enterprise responsibility (rather than an IT task), towards customers, employees, government, and other stakeholders. Motivations for organizations to implement Data Management include both regulatory compliance and economic benefits. The objective of this course is to provide an in-depth coverage of Data Management and its related concepts from a practical as well as academic perspective.
Cybersecurity Risk Management, Tilburg University
Enterprises are more and more dependent on Information Technology. This dependency creates risks: business continuity risks, data quality risks, compliance risks, and strategic risks. Increasingly, the security of one enterprise depends on other enterprises in a network, and can no longer be dealt on its own. Moreover, the impact of a breach of security now extends into physical reality, potentially affecting powerplants, traffic control systems and the lives of millions of people. The complex domain of interdependent physical and information security is called cybersecurity. How can we make organizations resilient to risks?
Please note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in OSIRIS Student at the start of the year.
What do students think of IMMIT?
Guillaume ManoukianIMMIT student
"IMMIT is a real opportunity for all students who want to do IT, be it technical (python, SAP) or managerial with a more business-related aspect. The discovery of new cultures, languages, and teaching methods broadens your vision and gives you a non-negotiable advantage in the world of work."
Clara NoudogbessiIMMIT student
"This program has taught me to adapt quickly to different cultures, to adapt to different points of view on business and IT. It has given me the opportunity to fully develop professionally and personally."
Application and admission
Best preparatory programs
A bachelor’s or equivalent undergraduate degree either in Management, Economics, Business Administration or in Computer Science/Information Systems.
You apply via the Top Apply application system of Aix-Marseille University France.
Follow all steps on the registration page.
There is no specific pre-master's program for this multiple degree.
For more information, you can send an email to TiSEM-MSc-Immit@tilburguniversity.edu or go to the IMMIT website.