Learn how to strategically apply IT to fundamentally change an enterprise and enable a company to achieve its strategic, tactical, and operational goals. In today’s digital society, no company can survive without decent information management. The Master's program in Information Management prepares you for an international career at the intersection of IT, Business, and Management.
in the classroom from all over the world
US News Best Global Universities, 2023
Program and courses
Become fully prepared to help organizations digitize, optimize, and manage changes at the intersection of IT, Business, and Management to achieve their business potential.
- Benefit from the latest knowledge in the field of Information Technology. Our lecturers belong to the forefront of international research.
- Strong links with the business world. The content of the program is established in consultation with leading companies, consisting of practice-oriented cases, assignments and guest speakers on a regular basis. You'll also have the opportunity to do an internship as a common basis for your Master's thesis.
- Innovative teaching. Work, for example, on a current real-world problem and apply your knowledge from multiple courses during a newly developed boot camp teaching method. More on Innovation in education at Tilburg University.
In the first semester of the regular program, you can also apply for the following advanced programs:
- The Extended Master's Program, which adds a half-year traineeship to the regular Master's program.
- The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you will spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Within Information Management, you can also choose two exceptional, related masters:
- Double Degree Information Technology for Enterprise Management (ITEM). Obtain two master's degrees in 1.5 years: you will study at the University of Turku in Finland and at Tilburg University. The program facilitates an internship in international business and extra attention is paid to change management.
- Multiple Degree International Master in Management of IT (IMMIT). Obtain three master’s degrees from three major universities in two years: AIX-Marseille University, France, University of Turku, Finland and Tilburg University. The program facilitates an internship in an internationally operating company.
The unique European collaboration program in Digital Transformation: ENGAGE.EU gives you the opportunity to follow one or more online courses. You will learn about the latest developments in an inspiring international class atmosphere and gain extracurricular certificates. It offers you the chance to work with some of the largest tech and digital companies in innovative case studies and workshops.
Typical courses are:
- Cybersecurity Risk Management
- IT Governance and Strategic Sourcing
- Digital Transformation and Innovation
- Enterprise Architecture as a Business Strategy
Brent HoogerwerfMaster's student
"It is nice to experience the fact that the university staff is incorporating trends and developments in the courses so that we learn about what is happening in the field at the moment."
Thomas ten HackenExchange Student Computer Science, NTU Singapore
"The program has a holistic approach to the field of information systems and management. Thereby, you gain both practical as well as theoretical and academic knowledge."
As a Master of Science in Information Management, you have a degree ranked among the top 10 programs in the Netherlands regarding best career prospects. With your skills to apply IT to achieve strategic, tactical, and operational goals, you can choose from a diverse range of positions in for example information management, business process analysis, and systems consultancy.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- IT Risk Consultant at Deloitte
- Big Data Analyst at PwC
- Business Analyst at Royal Dutch Shell
- Average number of months until first paid job: 3.0
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 3,258,-
- 95% of the alumni is (very) satisfied with the program
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n=22
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
- A Bachelor’s degree from Tilburg University in Business Economics or International Business Administration including the course Information Management for IBA.
- Bachelors with a solid foundation in Mathematics and Statistics, Academic training. Management or Marketing, Information Management, Finance and Accountancy.
Open to both Research University students and students from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master’s program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:30 - 16:00
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Join our Campus Experience on October 18 or January 31! Discover our compact and green campus with one of our students and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
16:00 - 17:00
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Master's programs
Are you curious about the experiences of international students like you? Join our Get to know Tilburg University Webinar led by our international team and discover what it is like to study at Tilburg University! It is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, and our university. You can join the webinar at 10:00 or 16:00 on October 19.
09:15 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Are you interested in doing a Master's program? Do you want to specialize or are you looking for a Master that broadens your possibilities? Join us at the Master's Open Day on November 18th to find out which (pre-)Master's program suits you best. Learn all about our (pre-)Master’s programs and tracks, and ask teachers, students, and education coordinators your questions.
Interested in the MSc Information Management?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application