Career prospects Philosophy of Contemporary Challenges
After completing the Master’s track Philosophy of Contemporary Challenges you will be an expert in analyzing societal issues and contributing to solutions.
Knowledge and skills
You will become a creative and critical thinker with good historical knowledge and excellent analytical, writing and presentation skills. Equipped to help society better understand what we mean by ‘identity’, what the importance of art and culture is in a civilization, why diversity is important and more. This is especially useful when opting for a career in research, education, journalism, policy making, counselling or the cultural sector.
Recent placements include:
- Concept Development at WM Consulting
- European Voluntary Service at Fundación Disminuidos Físicos de Aragón
- Doctoral Researcher at European University Institute
- Consultant at Bvolve
- Insights Expert at Beautiful Lives
- Lecturer at Institute for ICT at HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Policy Research & Business Development at Crime Stoppers Victoria
Source: Alumni of Philosophy (all tracks) | National Alumni Survey, 2015-2017 | n = 13
- Number of months until first paid job: 3.6
- 75% of our alumni find a job within 4 months after graduation, and 50% within 1 month
- 94% would choose this program again at Tilburg University
Source: Alumni of Philosophy (all tracks) | National Alumni Survey, 2016 - 2018 | n = 12
Become a teacher
Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge with others? If you are a Dutch graduate, you have the possibility to follow a one-year post-master after finishing your Master’s program and become a teacher in Philosophy.
After your master's
Your transition to the labor market
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
Interested in the Philosophy of Contemporary Challenges track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application