Program and courses Research Master Language and Communication
Become a research expert in cognition, language and communication. Focus on language as it is actually used and explore cognition, language and communication as an integrated whole. Communication in face-to-face and multi-modal interactions at work is a central theme.
This two-year program consists of 120 credits (ECTS), of which:
- 9 core courses (48 ECTS)
- 4 research skills courses (12 ECTS )
- 5 elective courses (30 ECTS)
- Master’s thesis (30 ECTS)
You can start either end of August or end of January.
Choose 5 elective courses (30 ECTS in total) within a chosen specialization area of interest at either Tilburg or Nijmegen. You can choose one of the following domains:
Cognition and Communication track
Linguistic Antropology track
Business Communication and Persuasion track
Digital Media and Communication track
Online Culture track
Data Science & Artificial Intelligence track
Research Master in Language and Communication in short
You will integrate in one of the research groups in Tilburg or Nijmegen, specializing in your area of interest.
- Profit from over fifteen years of collaboration in the Centre for Language Studies (CLS), a current partnership between the Tilburg School of Humanities and the Radboud Faculty of Arts. CLS is closely linked to the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics (MPI) and the Baby Research Centre.
- Excellent guidance by scientific tutors at the beginning of the program. They advise you on how to get your individual desired training program and the research facilities you need.
- For Research Master's students Language and Communication of Tilburg University's Graduate School of Humanities, there is a facilities budget available for international conference visits, research projects or to cover traveling costs on the basis of declarations and educational costs to a maximum of €500.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the MA Research Master Language & Communication?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application