Career prospects Data Science and Society
As a graduate of the Data Science and Society Master, you approach data scientific problems and questions with curiosity, creativity, and in an analytical manner in order to create data driven solutions for businesses, organizations, and society.
Knowledge and skills
Data Science knowledge and skills are becoming more and more relevant in all domains of society. Companies and organizations therefore highly value employees that have this knowledge and these skills.
The added value of the Data Science and Society Master’s program among other Data Science Master’s is that it directly connects new data science knowledge and skills to the domain-specific expertise you have already acquired. The program responds to a high demand from the labor market for data scientists who know how to deal with large and complex datasets and who can create value from data for companies, organizations and governments.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Data Analyst at Eneco Holding N.V.
- Business Intelligence Analyst at Houthoff Buruma
- IT specialist at Brunel
- Marketing Science Analyst at KLM
- Statistisch onderzoeker at Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek
- Consultant Data Analytics at Verdonck, Klooster & Associates
- Data Scientist at ABN AMRO Bank N.V.
- PhD Candidate at Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Business and Integration Analyst at Accenture
- Data Science & Business Intelligence Consultant at Incentro
- Business Analyst (Tech Consulting) at Deloitte
- Policy Researcher/ Data Scientist at Gemeente Den Haag
- Consultant at Capgemini Nederland B.V.
- Rijks ICT Trainee at Ministerie van Economische Zaken
Rick BerensData Specialist bij Valcon
"One of the most important skills for a data-related position is dissecting complex data and converting it into understandable information for colleagues."
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 3617,-
- Average number of months between graduation and first job: 4.3 months
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n = 25
Interested in the MSc Data Science and Society?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application