Extended Master's program Politics, Policy and Societal Development
Master students of the track Politics, Policy and Societal Development can apply for the Extended Master's program, which adds an internship of 30 ECTS (half a year) to the regular program. Through an internship at a partner organization, the Extended Master's program provides relevant working experience and learning opportunities to enhance your professional and academic skills.
Program structure and content
You have the opportunity to extend your Master's program with half a year, in which you do an internship (30 ECTS) in Dutch or English.
- The internship can exclusively be done in the Netherlands.
- During the internship, you will dedicate half your time to existing (research) projects in the internship organization, and half your time researching and writing your Master's thesis.
- After completing the internship, you will receive a professional certificate in addition to your MSc.
Application and admission
You can only apply for the Extended Master's program once you have started the Master's program in Politics, Policy and Societal Development.
- At the start of the Master’s program in Politics, Policy and Societal Development, you can attend the information meeting organized for students who are interested in the Extended Master's program. In this meeting, you will be informed on the application procedure, application deadline, possible partner organizations, and the structure of the program and internship.
- Municipality Tilburg
- AO Consult
Labor Training Consultation
National Knowledge Institute and Consultancy for Social Development
Institute for the promotion of social scientific knowledge development and policy effectiveness in the field of sport
Dutch Institute for Healthcare Research
Socio-cultural planning agency for Province Brabant
The Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market, Maastricht
Social and Cultural Planning Officer
Research and Consultancy for the Education and Welfare sector, Utrecht
- Education Inspectorate / Onderwijsinspectie
- Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment
Social Intelligence and Investigation Service
Central Bureau of Statistics
- Municipality Helmond
Department of Research and Statistics
- Municipality Breda
Department of Research and Information
- VJI (Verweij-Jonkers Institute)
- Tilburg University
European Values Study
Interested in the Politics, Policy and Societal Development MSc track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application