Open Science Community Tilburg University
Open Science stands for making scientific research transparent and accessible to all levels of society and thus creating more accountability and impact. The easiest way to start with open science is to join the Open Science Community of Tilburg University and learn from each other during our regularly held meetings. Check our calendar and join us!
Join the community
OSCT is a learning community where Tilburg University employees and students learn and talk about open science practices. Example of events include Open Science cafés, workshops, and walk-in hours. The Open Science Community is diverse and highly motivated. We're sure you'll be able to find someone who can help you (or that you can help) no matter what your interests are.
We organize Skill Trainings and we collected high quality online information on topics of Open Science, such as pre-registration to prevent questionable research practices.
Can we be truly open, if we're only open at the end?
Open Science is about removing barriers to research, and access of the article is just the start. The format of the article may itself be a barrier — a barrier to participate and build on each other's work.
By Chris Hartgerink - April 9, 2021, 13.00-14.30 hrs.
Open Journals: Introduction and Q&A
On March 11, 2021, Sasha Goldstein-Sabbah of OJ will provide an online introduction and Q&A session for scholars of Tilburg University (and beyond).
Open Science Labs Tilburg University
- Open Access: Green, Gold & Self-Publishing: do you want your academic article to be findable and readable by the largest possible audience? Find out about the many ways you can publish open access, and how we can support you, for instance with our Open Access Fund, or Self-Publishing a book or journal?
- Open Education: Why not share educational material (textbooks, audio, and video) and make it reusable for other lecturers and students, instead of developing the same course over and over again? Maybe you are even considering creating a MOOC (Massive Online Open Course)? We like to show you the possibilities we offer.
- Open Data: Open Data is a raw material for the digital age but, unlike coal, timber or diamonds, it can be used by anyone and everyone at the same time.
- Self-publishing / Open Press: We stimulate and facilitate open access publishing with our self-publishing program and our Open Press Tilburg University
- Open Science Skills: Learn all about open science practices
Join the Tilburg University Open Science Community
Talk and learn about open science practices, get practical advice, connect with other Open Science Communities