Open Science Community Tilburg University
Open Science and Open Access in particular stand for making scientific research transparent and accessible to all levels of society and thus creating more accountability and impact. The easiest way to start with open science is to join the Open Science Community of Tilburg University and learn from each other during our regularly held meetings. Check our calendar and join us!
Join the community
OSCT is a learning community where Tilburg University employees and students learn and talk about open science practices. Example of events include Open Science cafés, workshops, and walk-in hours. The Open Science Community is diverse and highly motivated. We're sure you'll be able to find someone who can help you (or that you can help) no matter what your interests are.
Meet the OSCT: Caspar van Lissa, chair
A new core team has revitalized our open science community, and over the next few months, we introduce them to you! Each OSCT team member was asked to write a short blog post about their vision and expertise, so that our community members know who to contact for advice and discussion.
We organize Skill Trainings and we collected high quality online information on topics of Open Science, such as pre-registration to prevent questionable research practices.
Open Science Labs Tilburg University
- Open Access: Green, Gold & Self-Publishing: do you want your academic article to be findable and readable by the largest possible audience? Find out about the many ways you can publish open access, and how we can support you, for instance with our Open Access Fund, or Self-Publishing a book or journal?
- Open Education: Why not share educational material (textbooks, audio, and video) and make it reusable for other lecturers and students, instead of developing the same course over and over again? Maybe you are even considering creating a MOOC (Massive Online Open Course)? We like to show you the possibilities we offer.
- Open Science Platforms: solutions to share data, code, hypotheses, research designs, drafts and samples with peers, in order to make research projects more accessible, verifiable and robust and to enlarge the impact.
- Self-publishing / Open Press: We stimulate and facilitate open access publishing with our self-publishing program and our Open Press Tilburg University
- Open Science Skills: Learn all about open science practices
Join the Tilburg University Open Science Community
Talk and learn about open science practices, get practical advice, connect with other Open Science Communities