Courses for Exchange students
Please find here all the courses that are available for exchange students. Exchange students can choose courses from all schools of Tilburg University. To avoid the disappointment of not being able to take your indicated courses, we advise you to critically assess each course and only select courses that match your specific academic background. In some cases, students will have to meet the specific requirements of a course.
Please keep the following in mind when selecting courses:
- A normal (full-time) course load is 30 ECTS per semester.
- Exchange students are only allowed to take a maximum of 12 ECTS of the Language Center.
- Some courses have admission requirements (e.g. the course coordinator will have to check your academic background or a course may have limited places available). These courses have been listed as courses to which conditions apply.
- Some Schools work with a unit system (two units per semester), but the majority works with a semester system (two semesters per year).
- Check the “pre-requisites” before selecting a course (these can be found when clicking on the name of the course). If you do not meet the pre-requisites, do not select this course.
We make use of the Osiris Course Catalogue to post our course offer. You can find our offer by following making the following choices:
- Faculty = 'Tilburg University'
- Degree Program = 'Exchange Program Tilburg University'
- Exam type = 'Incoming Exchange'
Choose the appropriate study program based on your level of study whilst being on exchange and click on 'search'.
Please note: Master students are allowed to take Bachelor courses if it is approved by their home university. Bachelor students can only choose from Bachelor level courses (except from Tilburg Law School – where Bachelor students can also choose Master level courses).
You can find all information about the academic calendars of our Schools. Here you will find information about holidays and exam periods. Be aware that the holidays and the end of your Exchange are dependent on the courses you will take.
Courses with additional entry requirements
Courses offered within the BSc/ BA Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) program, LLB Global Law (GLB) program, MSc Victimology and Criminal Justice program (Intervict) and Research Master in Business/Economics (CENTER) have additional entry requirements.
Due to the popularity and a small-scale character of these programs additional entry requirements and a selection apply.
Selection criteria for the LAS courses (LAS-conditions apply)
Selection Criteria for Global Law courses (GLB)
Selection Criteria for the Intervict courses (Intervict-conditions apply)
Selection Criteria for CentER courses (CentER-conditions apply)
Besides courses, students can also take courses in a so-called certificate program. A Certificate Program is a fixed program in which a student follows courses according to a specific theme. If the student passes all the courses he/she will receive the certificate at the end of his/her exchange program. Please check the Certificate Programs web page for more information.
Distance exams for incoming exchange students
In certain cases, incoming exchange students can submit a request to take an exam abroad. If permission is granted, the exam can be taken at the student's home university. Please check the FAQ on distance exams for incoming exchange students for further information.