Teaching Through English
You know how to teach, but you are also aware that teaching in English (English-Medium Instruction) presents its own challenges. In this hands-on course Teaching Through English, you work with your own materials to apply theory surrounding EMI in practice.
How do you “grade” your language so that it matches your students’ level? What about the cognitive load that English instruction puts on students? How to check if students have understood? And how best to design highly communicate lesson formats and activities? These are aspects of EMI covered in Teaching Through English. Participants work with their own lesson content in this practical course.
This course is only offered as a tailor-made course (either in this format or modified in duration or content) for schools or other organizations for a package price. For more information or a custom proposal, please contact Linda Mous.
- HBO or secondary school teachers teaching their subject in English.
At the end of the course you
- can teach in English with more confidence
- have learned techniques to make content materials more accessible to students
- have experimented and practiced with activating communicative activities and lesson formats
- This course can be taught on location or at Tilburg University.
- 80% attendance is required if you wish to receive a certificate.
Teaching Through English in short
|Duration and course format
|10 x 3-hour classes, 2-4 hours private-study per week
|Since this is a customized course, exact dates, times and the location are agreed on together.