Data Science and Entrepreneurship (joint degree)
Merge management, entrepreneurship and business models with a profound knowledge on data science methods from mathematics, statistics and computer science. Learn to understand their limitations with regard to the law, regulations, and ethical considerations. Benefit from unique strengths of both Eindhoven University of Technology and Tilburg University.
On-campus education as of August 2021 | pleased to meet you
Program and courses
Combine the technological know-how of Eindhoven with the business, legal and societal insights of Tilburg. This synergy ensures that we educate data science-driven entrepreneurs who have the capability to create, develop and market data technologies, conduct research, and present results in a clear, non-technical manner.
- Combine data science courses with courses that focus on entrepreneurship. Incorporate theories and concepts from legal and ethical aspects of business venturing, intellectual property, and ethical and privacy aspects of data.
- Apply data entrepreneurship by building a technology startup, in which you and your team use data-driven methods to test the feasibility of an idea/innovation, build a data-intensive product/solution, propose sales channels and customers, and develop entrepreneurial skills.
- Solve real issues with actual datasets from industrial partners. Representatives of these partners are actively involved and will work with our professors to coach the student teams.
- The compulsory part of the program will be held in the vibrant Mariënburg Campus: a former convent in the city of 's Hertogenbosch, offering you a campus life in the heart of a bustling city; a place where students, researchers and industry join forces. The campus offers an intimate yet cosmopolitan setting for its international student community. Elective courses may require traveling to either Eindhoven or Tilburg.
- We have created special on-campus spaces for business ventures and startups launched by students. It is here where students, researchers, startups and businesses interact to tackle important industry and societal issues.
Typical courses are:
According to a Harvard study, the profession of Data Scientist is the ‘sexiest job’ of the 21st century. In other words: the skills that you will have as Data Scientist are in exceptionally high demand.
The career opportunities are sheer endless. You can work as Data Scientist in a multinational or manage your own data science company; finding new markets and opportunities with data. Within an organization, you are the one who translates a variety of issues into technical data insights and vice versa.
Application and admission
This Master's program starts:
At the end of August
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor's degree in the field of data science, mathematics, statistics, programming.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Unfortunately, we cannot organize any on-campus events at the moment. To help you as much as possible with your study choice, we offer online alternatives.
13:30 - 15:45
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home. You can participate on Wednesday, September 22 or Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
10:00 - 11:00
Get to know Tilburg University - Live Webinars for Master's programs
The Get to know Tilburg University Webinar is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, Tilburg University and our offer of international Master's programs. You can sign up for one of the sessions on September 24, or October 15, either at 10:00 or 16:00.
09:00 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Which Master do you think is interesting? Do you want to know which Master suits you? Then visit the Master's Open day. Find out all you need to know about our Master’s programs, tracks and Pre-Masters and ask your questions to our teachers, students and study advisors.
Interested in the MSc Data Science and Entrepreneurship?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application