Data Science and Entrepreneurship
Combine management, entrepreneurship and business models with deep knowledge on data science methods from mathematics, statistics and computer science. Learn to understand their limitations with regard to the law, regulations, and ethical considerations. Profit from the unique key strengths of both Eindhoven University of Technology and Tilburg University.
Program and courses
Combine the technological know-how of Eindhoven with the business, legal and societal insights of Tilburg. This synergy ensures that we educate data science-driven entrepreneurs who have the capability to create, develop and market data technologies, conduct research, and present results in a clear, non-technical manner.
- Combine data science courses with courses that address the entrepreneurship pillar of the program. Incorporate theories and concepts from legal and ethical aspects of business venturing, intellectual property, and ethical and privacy aspects of data.
- Apply data entrepreneurship in building a technology startup, in which you and your team use data-driven methods to test the feasibility of an idea/innovation, build a data-intensive product/solution, propose sales channels and customers, and develop entrepreneurial skills in building a technology startup.
- Solve actual problems with real datasets from industrial partners. Representatives will actively work with our professors to coach the student teams.
Study at two universities
- Offering you the best of both worlds: a campus life in the heart of a bustling city, and a place where students, researchers and industry join forces. Elective courses may require traveling to either Eindhoven or Tilburg.
- The compulsory part of the program will be held in the vibrant Mariënburg Campus, a former convent in the city of 's Hertogenbosch. The campus offers an intimate yet cosmopolitan setting for its international student community.
- For business ventures and startups initiated by students, we’ve created special on-campus spaces. It’s here where students, researchers, startups and business interact to tackle urgent industry and societal questions.
Typical courses are:
- Data Integration and Architecture
- Data Mining
- Business Process Management
- Data Entrepreneurship
- Creative Thinking and Open Innovation
According to a Harvard study, the profession of Data Scientist is the ‘sexiest job’ of the 21st century. In other words: the skills that you will have as Data Scientist are in exceptionally high demand.
The career opportunities are sheer endless. You can work as Data Scientist in multinationals or manage your own data science company; finding new markets and opportunities with data. Within an organization, you are the one who translates questions into technical data insights and vice versa.
Application and admission
This Master's program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor's degree in the field of mathematics, statistics, programming or business and entrepreneurship.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice!
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 16 November 2019 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs and Research Masters, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the MSc Data Science and Entrepreneurship?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application