Data Science and Entrepreneurship (joint degree)
Merge management, entrepreneurship and business models with a profound knowledge on data science methods from mathematics, statistics and computer science. Learn to understand their limitations with regard to the law, regulations, and ethical considerations. Benefit from unique strengths of both Eindhoven University of Technology and Tilburg University.
Program and courses
Combine the technological know-how of Eindhoven with the business, legal and societal insights of Tilburg. This synergy ensures that we educate data science-driven entrepreneurs who have the capability to create, develop and market data technologies, conduct research, and present results in a clear, non-technical manner.
- Combine data science courses with courses that focus on entrepreneurship. Incorporate theories and concepts from legal and ethical aspects of business venturing, intellectual property, and ethical and privacy aspects of data.
- Apply data entrepreneurship by building a technology startup, in which you and your team use data-driven methods to test the feasibility of an idea/innovation, build a data-intensive product/solution, propose sales channels and customers, and develop entrepreneurial skills.
- Solve real issues with actual datasets from industrial partners. Representatives of these partners are actively involved and will work with our professors to coach the student teams.
Study at two universities
- Offering you the best of both worlds: a campus life in the heart of a bustling city, a place where students, researchers and industry join forces. Elective courses may require traveling to either Eindhoven or Tilburg.
- The compulsory part of the program will be held in the vibrant Mariënburg Campus, a former convent in the city of 's Hertogenbosch. The campus offers an intimate yet cosmopolitan setting for its international student community.
- We have created special on-campus spaces for business ventures and startups launched by students. It is here where students, researchers, startups and businesses interact to tackle important industry and societal issues.
Typical courses are:
- Data Engineering
- Data Mining
- Business Process Management
- Data Entrepreneurship in Action
- Creative Thinking
According to a Harvard study, the profession of Data Scientist is the ‘sexiest job’ of the 21st century. In other words: the skills that you will have as Data Scientist are in exceptionally high demand.
The career opportunities are sheer endless. You can work as Data Scientist in a multinational or manage your own data science company; finding new markets and opportunities with data. Within an organization, you are the one who translates a variety of issues into technical data insights and vice versa.
Application and admission
This Master's program starts:
At the end of August
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor's degree in the field of data science, mathematics, statistics, programming.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us with your personal queries. You can contact us through the blue button on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Virtual Open Week: September 30 - October 4
During our Virtual Open Week, from Monday September 30 until Friday October 4, you have the opportunity to experience our international Bachelor’s and Master’s programs without having to travel to Tilburg or even leave the comfort of your home. The Virtual Open Week will offer topic-specific online information sessions - including information on studying in Holland, living in Tilburg and studying at Tilburg University - as well as live chat and a Q&A.
10:00 - 14:45
Open Day Master's programs
The Open Day for Master's programs is on Saturday November 16, 2019. Get acquainted with our English taught Master's programs, get a taste of the atmosphere on our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the MSc Data Science and Entrepreneurship?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application