Data Science and Entrepreneurship (joint degree)
Merge management, entrepreneurship and business models with a profound knowledge on data science methods from mathematics, statistics and computer science. Learn to understand their limitations with regard to the law, regulations, and ethical considerations. Benefit from unique strengths of both Eindhoven University of Technology and Tilburg University.
On Campus if we can | Online because we can
This academic year, education at Tilburg University will take place partly online and partly on campus depending on the corona measures in place. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. For the latest updates on the corona situation see our FAQs for prospective students and current students.
Joint degree programs are offered in collaboration with another university. For these programs, different or additional information about education during the next academic year may apply. Therefore, please keep a close eye on the information you directly receive from your joint degree program. That information is leading and will prevail over general information you will receive about education at Tilburg University.
Program and courses
Combine the technological know-how of Eindhoven with the business, legal and societal insights of Tilburg. This synergy ensures that we educate data science-driven entrepreneurs who have the capability to create, develop and market data technologies, conduct research, and present results in a clear, non-technical manner.
- Combine data science courses with courses that focus on entrepreneurship. Incorporate theories and concepts from legal and ethical aspects of business venturing, intellectual property, and ethical and privacy aspects of data.
- Apply data entrepreneurship by building a technology startup, in which you and your team use data-driven methods to test the feasibility of an idea/innovation, build a data-intensive product/solution, propose sales channels and customers, and develop entrepreneurial skills.
- Solve real issues with actual datasets from industrial partners. Representatives of these partners are actively involved and will work with our professors to coach the student teams.
- The compulsory part of the program will be held in the vibrant Mariënburg Campus: a former convent in the city of 's Hertogenbosch, offering you a campus life in the heart of a bustling city; a place where students, researchers and industry join forces. The campus offers an intimate yet cosmopolitan setting for its international student community. Elective courses may require traveling to either Eindhoven or Tilburg.
- We have created special on-campus spaces for business ventures and startups launched by students. It is here where students, researchers, startups and businesses interact to tackle important industry and societal issues.
Typical courses are:
According to a Harvard study, the profession of Data Scientist is the ‘sexiest job’ of the 21st century. In other words: the skills that you will have as Data Scientist are in exceptionally high demand.
The career opportunities are sheer endless. You can work as Data Scientist in a multinational or manage your own data science company; finding new markets and opportunities with data. Within an organization, you are the one who translates a variety of issues into technical data insights and vice versa.
Application and admission
This Master's program starts:
At the end of August and the end of January
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor's degree in the field of data science, mathematics, statistics, programming.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
To be announced
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Discover our compact and green campus during the Campus Experience and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
09:30 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Interested in doing a Master's program? Find out which Master's program suits you best during our Master's Open day on November 19. Learn all about our (pre-)Master’s programs and tracks, and ask teachers, students, and study advisors your questions. Sign up for the Open day now!
Interested in the MSc Data Science and Entrepreneurship?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application