Program and courses Positive Psychology and Well-being
In the Master's track Positive Psychology and Well-being you’ll deal with concepts like positive development and growth, creativity, happiness, talents, character strengths, adaptive power, psychological well-being, and factors which enable individuals and systems to achieve these concepts. You will pay attention to the positive aspects of individuals and systems and how these can contribute to society.
This one-year master's track consists of 60 credits (ECTS):
- 4 core courses (24 ECTS)
- Internship (18 ECTS)
- Master’s thesis (18 ECTS)
The program starts at the end of August. The one-year master's track Positive Psychology and Well-being is divided into 4 blocks:
Block 1: September - October
Block 2: October - January
Block 3: January - March
Block 4: April - July
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Please Note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in OSIRIS Student at the start of the year.
Short overview of Positive Psychology and Well-being
- Develop a positive view of individual, personal life, health, education, entrepreneurship and society in general, by focusing on the positive aspects of individuals and systems and how these contribute to society.
- In accordance with the scientist-practitioner model, you will learn how to conduct independent research in the field of positive psychology.
- Deal with concepts like positive development and growth, creativity, happiness, talents, character strengths, adaptive power, psychological well-being, and factors which enable individuals and systems to achieve their goals.
- This program is considered a broadening of three existing clinical tracks of the Master's program Psychology and Mental Health, because people with psychological problems also have healthy and strong features that can be strengthened.
- The program has a strong link between theory and practice. You will not only put what you've learned into practice during your internship, but you will also attend guest lectures.
- During this program, assessment and interventions are aimed at determining strengths and talents of children, adolescents and adults. Interventions aim to identify and develop strengths and talents so that behavioral change can be encouraged.
Please note! This Master’s track does not provide the qualification required for postdoctoral follow-up training (BAPD), or to fulfill the criteria for the registration of the LOGO association (Vereniging Landelijk Overleg Geestelijke Gezondheidszorg Opleidingsinstellingen).
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the MSc Positive Psychology and Well-being?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application