Program and courses Positive Psychology and Well-being
In the master's track Positive Psychology and Well-being you’ll deal with concepts like positive development and growth, creativity, happiness, talents, character strengths, adaptive power, psychological well-being, and factors which enable individuals and systems to achieve these concepts. You will pay attention to the positive aspects of individuals and systems and how these can contribute to society.
This one-year master's track consists of 60 credits (ECTS):
- 4 core courses (24 ECTS)
- Internship (18 ECTS)
- Master’s thesis (18 ECTS)
You can start at the end of August. The one-year master's track Positive Psychology and Well-being is divided into 4 blocks.
- In Block 1, you will follow the courses Introduction and theories about Positive Psychology and Assessment and Interventions. You will start preparing for your internship.
- In Block 2, you will follow the courses Personal Development, Growth and Resilience, and Positive Institutions and you will start working on your master’s thesis.
- In Block 3, you will actually go on internship and work on the data collection and data analysis of your master's thesis.
- In Block 4, you will continue to work on the data analysis and the reporting of your thesis and you will continue with your internship.
Internship: interventions, coaching, counseling and training
Programs are subject to change, so we advise our students to check their exact program in the education catalog at the official start of the academic year.
Short overview of Positive Psychology and Well-being
- Deal with concepts like positive development and growth, creativity, happiness, talents, character strengths, adaptive power, psychological well-being, and factors which enable individuals and systems to achieve these concepts.
- You will pay attention to the positive aspects of individuals and systems and how these can contribute to society.
- Develop a different view of individual, personal life, health, education, entrepreneurship and society in general, by paying attention to the positive aspects of individuals and systems and how these can contribute to society.
- During this program assessment and interventions are aimed at determining strengths and talents of young people and adults. Interventions aim to identify and develop these strengths and talents so that behavioral change can take place.
- This new program can also be considered a broadening of the three existing clinical tracks of the master’s program in Psychology and Mental Health (all Dutch-taught: Clinical Psychology, Clinical Forensic Psychology, Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology) because children, adolescents and adults with psychological problems also have healthy and strong features that can be strengthened.
This master’s track does not provide the qualification required for postdoctoral follow-up training (BAPD).
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Interested in the MSc Positive Psychology and Well-being?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application