Human Resource Studies
Become a human resources expert, specialized in the relationship between work, well-being, and performance. You look for the ideal balance between organizational performance and employee interest. Human Resource Studies has a strong international focus where you learn to combine insights from social sciences and business studies in HR policies that improve individual, team, and, ultimately, organizational performance.
Times Higher Education ranking, 2023
National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n=31
National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n=31
Program and courses
Become equipped to analyze and advise on HR, work, and organizational issues, such as understanding the foundation of HR decisions and their consequences for work, well-being, and performance; or to implement new HR policies in the context of a changing environment. Human Resource Studies in Tilburg is the first scientific education program in the field of human resources in the Netherlands (since 1986).
- Courses reflect the research expertise of the staff, who belong to one of the largest and leading academic departments of HR experts in Europe.
- The program offers plenty of elective courses so you can tailor your program and specialize in one central topic within HRM, such as Talent Management, Compensation & Benefits, Inclusive HRM, Strength-based HRM, or HRM & Labor Law.
- The international orientation and practice-oriented approach give you a head start on the labor market.
- Deepen your knowledge and skills by doing an Extended Master's Program. This advanced program adds an exchange or half-year (professional or research) internship to the regular program with a wide range of companies to choose from. During the first semester, you will follow the same courses as the regular Master's program.
Typical courses are:
- Seminar Human Resource Studies
- HR Analytics
- Organizational Change
Mirela KoevaExtended Master’s student
"The topics in the program have real-life applications and we follow current and upcoming employment trends. By choosing between several electives you can really customize the Master to your own interest."
Renate RijnbeekMaster's student
"Because you combine scientific research with practice, you are well prepared for the professional field. The program is diverse and offers room for your own interests."
After completing this program, you are equipped to analyze and advise on HR, work, and organizational issues. You understand the fundamentals of HR decisions and their consequences for work, well-being, and performance. You are prepared for HR positions with an emphasis on analytical, strategic, and leadership qualities in the public and private sectors, as well as for careers in research and consultancy. You could work as an all round HR professional or specialist, in Talent Management, HR analytics, or Compensation & Benefits.
Graduates found work at:
- Capgemini Nederland
- On average 2 months until first paid job
- 97% find a job within 6 months after graduation
- Gross monthly income: €2,951
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021| n = 31
Application and admission
This program starts:
- End of August and end of January (Master’s program)
- End of August (pre-Master’s program)
Best preparatory programs:
Half-year (30 ECTS) pre-Master’s program available if your previous program is relevant but does not meet the required entry level, for example, a Bachelor's degree from a University of Applied Sciences.
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:30 - 16:00
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Join our Campus Experience on October 18 or January 31! Discover our compact and green campus with one of our students and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
16:00 - 17:00
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Master's programs
Are you curious about the experiences of international students like you? Join our Get to know Tilburg University Webinar led by our international team and discover what it is like to study at Tilburg University! It is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, and our university. You can join the webinar at 10:00 or 16:00 on October 19.
09:15 - 17:00
Master's Open day
Are you interested in doing a Master's program? Do you want to specialize or are you looking for a Master that broadens your possibilities? Join us at the Master's Open Day on November 18th to find out which (pre-)Master's program suits you best. Learn all about our (pre-)Master’s programs and tracks, and ask teachers, students, and education coordinators your questions.
Interested in the MSc Human Resource Studies?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application