Pre-Master's program Economics
We offer tailor-made pre-Master’s programs for students with a Bachelor's degree from a research university that covers most but not all entry requirements of the MSc Economics. Due to the advanced content of the program, we cannot offer a pre-Master's program to students who graduated from a Dutch university of applied sciences (hbo).
For students with an international degree, or a Dutch research university (wo) degree
Tilburg University offers a pre-Master's program specifically for graduates whose university Bachelor's degree does not entirely meet the entry requirements of the Master's program in Economics.
Tailor made to individual academic needs
The pre-Master’s program is tailor-made to individual needs and consists of a maximum of 30 ECTS, providing you with the essential foundation needed to pursue your Master's in Economics.
- After finishing the program with good results, you can start with the one-year Master's program in Economics and all of its specialized tracks end of January, or end of August in the next academic year.
- If you have questions regarding the pre-Master's or the admission and application process, please get in touch.
Application and admission
As a university graduate you cannot apply for our pre-Master’s program directly; you should always apply for the Master's program. The Admissions Committee will then decide, based on your complete application, whether:
- You can be admitted to the Master's program directly.
- You need to take a 6-month (or 10-month, whole year) pre-Master's program.
- You cannot be admitted to the (pre-)Master's program.
Do you want to know more about this pre-Master’s program?
Visit this pre-Master’s information session during the upcoming Open day
Interested in the MSc Economics?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application