Career prospects Economics
A Master's degree in Economics gives you a competitive advantage in any career that requires sound economic knowledge, strong economic intuition, and sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
Recent placements include:
- Consultant at The World Bank
- PhD student at Trinity College Dublin
- Research Associate at Abdul Latif Jameel
- Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)
- Research Coordinator at Ministry of Finance, Colombia
- Data specialist at Valcon (consulting)
- Business Analyst at Deloitte
- Business Analyst at Elisabeth-TweeSteden Ziekenhuis (ETZ)
- Portfolio Manager at APG Asset Management
- Research Associate at Innovations for Poverty Action
- Policy Advisor at Beleidsmedewerker at Dutch Healthcare Authority (NZa)
- Trade Finance Officer at ICBC
Junior Business Analyst at Kearney
- 100% are (very) satisfied with the Master's program
- 95% would recommend the program to friends, family and colleagues
- 81% would choose the same program at the same University
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021| n=21
Robin ArgueyrollesGraduate MSc Economics
"During this program I have mastered the essential technical knowledge to understand and perform the tasks given to me as an intern at the United Nations Environmental Program (UNEP). Having sharpened my critical thinking during the various courses of the program, I have gained the ability to go beyond what was asked of me and perform above the given expectations. The program has also helped me becoming more flexible, allowing me to gain new knowledge and adapt to new situation faster. It is without a doubt in my mind that I would not have been accepted for this position or would be performing as well, if not for this Master's program in Economics."
After your Master's
Your transition to the labor market
We help you prepare for your transition to the labor market by offering a number of career services:
Coaching, support and training courses offered by our Student Career Services to improve your employability and communication skills.
Dedicated Career Services Officers who can give you individual career guidance or help you to find interesting and relevant internships.
Familiarize yourself with the labor market and meet potential employers by participating in several career events, which are organized every year in collaboration with the study associations.
To those who wish to discover and develop their entrepreneurial talent, we offer education and support services.
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
After obtaining a Master’s degree in the Netherlands, non-EEA students can apply for a residence permit under the Orientation Year for Highly Educated Persons’ scheme. This allows you to spend a period of up to twelve months in the Netherlands to find employment.
Interested in the MSc Economics?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application