Career prospects Finance
With a degree in Finance you will be an expert in financial management or investment analysis. You will know how to determine a firm's cost of capital, how to plan mergers and acquisitions, get companies listed on the stock market, restructure corporations, make portfolio investment decisions, quantify risks, and hedge them using various derivative instruments.
Recent placements include:
- Associate Debt Solutions at ABN AMRO
- Financial Controller at Achmea Holding
- Corporate Finance Associate at Deloitte
- Senior Advisor at Ernst & Young
- Financial Advisor at Fujifilm Manufacturing Europe
- Manager Performance Measurement & Reporting at ING Bank
- Management Consultant at KPMG
- Stock Accountant at Mars
- Finance Specialist at Rabobank International
- Financial Trainee at SNS REAAL
Giacomo SaitaMarket Data Analyst at NN Group
"The Master’s program in finance gave me both the theoretical and practical tools to understand the financial markets, which is an invaluable skill".
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: €3,166
- Is (very) satisfied with the Master's program: 90%
- Average number of months between graduation and first job: 2,6 months
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021| n=29
After your Master's
Your transition to the labor market
We help you prepare for your transition to the labor market by offering a number of career services:
Coaching, support and training courses offered by our Student Career Services to improve your employability and communication skills.
Dedicated Career Services Officers who can give you individual career guidance or help you to find interesting and relevant internships.
Familiarize yourself with the labor market and meet potential employers by participating in several career events, which are organized every year in collaboration with the study associations.
To those who wish to discover and develop their entrepreneurial talent, we offer education and support services.
Working in the Netherlands after graduation
After obtaining a Master’s degree in the Netherlands, non-EEA students can apply for a residence permit under the Orientation Year for Highly Educated Persons’ scheme. This allows you to spend a period of up to twelve months in the Netherlands to find employment.
Interested in the MSc Finance?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application