Information Technology for Enterprise Management (ITEM)
Bridge the gap between IT, strategic needs and daily business operations in an international double degree program that gives you two full master's degrees: one from Tilburg University and one from Turku University (Finland). Extra attention is paid to change management that goes with new technology and processes, which is often important for the success of IT projects.
The ITEM Double Degree is a program from the MSc Information Management. The program starts at the end of January.
Why Information Technology for Enterprise Management?
- Help international organizations set up, optimize, and manage information systems and IT processes to meet their strategic and operational needs. Understand the logic and effectiveness of important business applications and frameworks such as ERP, eBusiness, Knowledge Management, MIS and eCompetence.
- This double degree program pays extra attention to change management associated with new technology and processes, which are crucial for the success of IT projects.
- International experience, in one and a half years you will receive two master's degrees from two major universities in the field of Business and Economics. Study for half a year in Tilburg and half a year in Turku, where the study associations are exceptionally active.
- During your thesis process, the program facilitates an internship in international business, with intensive guidance from teachers from both universities.
Program and courses
- This training comprises 120 ECTS, spread over three semesters: 1.5 years in total.
- You start in Tilburg in February and move to Turku in January of the following year until the end of April.
- From May to August, you write your Master's thesis, preferably in combination with an international internship, with which you complete the program. This way your career starts super fast.
Tilburg University (Feb - Sep) (30 ECTS)
- Business Intelligence and Business Analytics
- Enterprise Architecture as Business Strategy
- Digital Transformation and Innovation
- Project Management: People and Technology
- Digital Platforms
Tilburg University (Sep - Dec) (24 ECTS)
- Business Process Integration
- IT Governance and Strategic Sourcing
- Interactive Data Transformation
Elective (choose an extra elective)
- Advanced Data Management
- Business Analytics and Emerging Trends
- Service Oriented Enterprise
Online courses, offered by University of Turku, Finland (12 ECTS)
- Management of Information System Security
- Management of IS projects
University of Turku, Finland (Jan - Apr) (at least 18 ECTS)
Core courses on-campus (12 ECTS)
- Management of ICT services
- Research Methods
Electives (at least 6 ECTS)
- Academic writing (3 ects)
- Advanced Organisational Behavior (6 ects)
- Business Intelligence and the Global Business Environment (6 ects)
- Cloud Computing (5 ects)
- Decision Making Logics and Uncertainty (6 ects)
- Digital Economy (module 1 obligatory = 3 ects) Business Models (module 2 voluntary = 3 ects)
- Data Science (5 ects)
- Deep Learning in Human Language Technology (5 ects)
- Doing Business in Wider Europe (6 ects)
- Effective Managerial Communication (2 ects)
- Emerging Technologies (5 ects)
- Enterprise Architecture (6 ects)
- Firms in Sustainability Transitions (6 ects)
- Intercultural Team Building with a Shared International Language (3 ects)
- International Business Negotiations Skills (3 ects)
- Platform Economy and New Expert Work (5 ects)
- Textual Data Analysis (5 ects)
- TJS1 ITG and ITSM (6 ects)
Master’s thesis / Company internship
From May to August you will write your Master’s thesis jointly supervised by both universities, preferably combined with a company internship anywhere in the world (30 ECTS). This internship provides you with fast track career opportunities.
Examples of internship projects and master's thesis subjects are:
- Optimization of the value of IT in business process support
- Electronic Data Interchange in European Union projects
- Using Web 2.0 technologies to improve workspace performance
Please note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in OSIRIS Student at the start of the year.
Application and admission
1. Apply for the spring semester of the MSc Information Management in Tilburg
2. Selection procedure
- During the first semester, the ITEM selection committee invites all interested students for a selection interview.
- Based on the results of this interview and your study results in the MSc Information Management, we select a maximum of 20 students to participate in the Double Degree program at the University of Turku in Finland.
- Bear in mind that you must have at least 30 ECTS before you can start with the Turku part of the ITEM program.
There is no specific pre-master's program for Information Technology for Enterprise Management. You can do the pre-masters in Information Management and then register for the selection of the double degree program.
For more information, you can send an email to TiSEM-MSc-ITEM@tilburguniversity.edu