Pre-Master's program International Management
The pre-Master’s programs in International Management are designed for (1) Dutch and international students with a relevant Dutch hbo degree, and (2) students with a university degree that does not entirely meet the entry requirements of the Master's program.
For all students coming from a Dutch university of applied sciences (hbo)
The pre-Master's program for hbo graduates builds on the practically-oriented knowledge you acquired during your Bachelor's by enhancing your theoretical knowledge as well as your capacity for conceptual thinking.
- There are two options to choose from:
- Fast track: a half-year pre-master's program. The Fast track always begins in September and runs until January.
- Regular track: a one-year pre-master's program. You can start the Regular track in either September or February (from February 2025 onwards).
- Each variant includes 30 credits, and the course content is identical. The admission requirements are also the same for both variants. You choose between the Fast track and the Regular track in advance.
- After finishing the program with good results, you can start with the 1-year Master's program in International Management end of January, or end of August in the next academic year.
The courses for 2023-2024 are:
- Academic Competences Marketing
- Business Research Techniques for Pre-master
- Statistics for Pre-master
- Finance for Pre-master
- Strategy for Pre-master
You will find a detailed description of the courses and required literature in our course catalog.
Application and admission
To be eligible for this pre-Master's program, you must have completed a Dutch hbo-Bachelor's program that gives direct access to the pre-Master's program.
- For hbo graduates a minimum GMAT score of 600 is required. This requirement has to be met before the start of the semester. Students with a minimum GPA of 7.5 may apply without GMAT if their program is marked "eligible" on the direct access list.
- If your hbo-Bachelor's program is not indicated as admissible for this program, unfortunately you cannot apply. In that case you can look for other (pre-)Master’s programs more closely related to the topic of your hbo-Bachelor’s program.
For students with an international degree, or a Dutch research university (wo) degree
Tilburg University offers a program designed for students with a university Bachelor's degree that does not entirely meet the entry requirements of the Master's program in International Management.
Tailor made to individual learning needs
The program is tailor-made to individual academic needs and consists of a maximum of 30 ECTS, providing you with the essential foundation needed to pursue your Master's in International Management.
After finishing the program with good results, you can start with the one-year Master's program in International Management end of January, or end of August in the next academic year.
Application and admission
As a university graduate you are encouraged to apply for the Master’s program directly. After receiving your application the admissions board will assess your academic background, and decide whether:
- You can be admitted directly into the Master’s program.
- You can be offered a pre-Master’s program (6 to 30 ECTS).
- Your academic background is unfortunately not matching enough to cover the gap with a 30 ECTS pre-Master’s program. In that case it is impossible to continue.
Please note: programs are subject to change. We advise you to look up the current program in OSIRIS Student at the start of the year.
Do you want to know more about this pre-Master’s program?
Visit this pre-Master’s information session during the upcoming Open day
Interested in the MSc International Management?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application