Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science
Apply and develop advanced mathematical and statistical tools to tackle financial challenges, ranging from price setting to risk management and policy advice. You will acquire a strong and fundamental background in quantitative finance, which prepares you for existing and new technological developments in the broad area of finance and insurance.
Program and courses
Become a highly qualified specialist in the area of quantitative finance and insurance, a field that uses sophisticated mathematical, statistical, and data science techniques for risk management, valuation, product design, regulation and more.
- Being fully trained in generic methods for responsible risk management in the financial sector, gives you a competitive advantage on the job market.
- Customize your program with many electives.
- Intensive contacts with industrial partners ensure a strong connection to practical aspects of the business world, leading to excellent internship opportunities, for instance.
- In the first semester of the regular program, you can also apply for the following advanced programs:
* The Extended Master's Program, which adds a half year traineeship to your regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Valuation and Risk Management
- Asset Liability Management
- Empirical Finance
- Risk and Regulation
Alumni of the Master's program in Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science work, for example, as risk management consultants, actuaries, and investment analysts at banks, insurance companies, pension funds, consulting agencies, trading firms, and government bodies.
You can also become a fully qualified actuary: after graduation, you are eligible to apply for the part-time Executive Master in Actuarial Science offered by the Dutch Actuarial Institute.
Some examples of our graduates' jobs:
- Advisor European Actuarial Services at Ernst & Young
- Analyst at Goldman Sachs
- Actuary at ASR
- Senior Policy Advisor at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment
- Analyst Mergers & Acquisitions at Rabobank Nederland
- The gross monthly income per month of graduates in the first year after graduation: €4,157
- 100% of our alumni consider the program a good starting point for their career, of which 89% to a (very) large extent
- 91% of our alumni is (very) satisfied with the program.
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021 (based on an average of our three quantitative Master’s programs combined: Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science, and Business Analytics and Operations Research) | n=21
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August and end of January
Best preparatory programs:
Bachelor's degree in Econometrics and Operations Research or a similar quantitatively focussed program from a university recognized by the Admissions Board.
International students, please check all information about the tuition fees.
Interested in this Master's program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
13:30 - 16:00
Are you curious about life as a student at Tilburg University, or not sure which university you want to attend? Join our Campus Experience on January 31 or February 21! Discover our compact and green campus with one of our students and find out if Tilburg University is your future home.
To be announced
Get to know Tilburg University - Orientation Webinar for Master's programs
Are you curious about the experiences of international students like you? Join our Get to know Tilburg University Webinar led by our international team and discover what it is like to study at Tilburg University! It is your one-hour introduction to studying in the Netherlands, the city of Tilburg, and our university. The next Orientation Webinar is taking place at the beginning of February 2024.
To be announced
Application and Admission - Webinar for Master’s programs
Are you interested in a Master’s program at Tilburg University, and do you want to know more about the application procedure for international students? Take the first step towards a successful application by joining our Application and Admission Webinar for our Master’s programs. The next webinar is taking place at the beginning of February 2024.
Interested in the MSc Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application