What are my qualities and competencies?
Reflection is knowing yourself: Who am I? What am I good at? What are my qualities/ competencies? Why is it so important to have an answer to these questions?
What do you like and what are you good at?
If you do what you like and what you are good at, you will most likely be successful and happy in your studies and work. Once you know what you want, you can search for a job or internship more specifically. In addition: in a job interview, you can easily motivate why you are the best candidate for the internship or job.
Questions you can ask yourself are:
- Who am I and what am I good at?
- What are my unique (core) qualities, skills, strengths or talents?
- What are my weaknesses or blind spots to look out for?
- What do I want in the future and what do I find important?
- What motivates me, when am I in the flow?
- What do family and friends appreciate in me? Also ask your family and friends!
Taking tests allows you to analyze yourself and create a sort of ‘self-portrait’, your personal profile. Check the Interests and values webpage for more detailed information about this part of your own personal profile.
Taking a little more time to reflect on your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats can help you to get to know yourself. Student Career Services created an in-depth explanation video on how to create your own SWOT analysis to help you with this.
Sign up for the training:
Navigate through the model to take your next career step
Please ask Student Career Services for advice.