Professor Jantine Schuit
Jantine Schuit (1964) is member of the Executive Board and Vice Rector Magnificus of Tilburg University since November 2020.
Jantine Schuit is Professor of Health, Behavior and Society. Her research area of interest is the effectiveness of health-related behavioral interventions and policy measures. In her scientific work, Jantine Schuit aspires to contribute to effective and sustainable preventive interventions.
|With the focus on|
|Strategy, profile, governance and identity|
|Research and Impact||
|Human Resources (HR)||
|Sustainability and Well-being||
- Member and independent advisor Executive Board West Brabant Regional Health Service (GGD)
- Member WO Advisory Committee for VSBfonds Scholarship Program
- Member International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity Editorial Board
- Member Steering Committee Education and Research (SOO) Universiteiten van Nederland
- Member Board Brainport Smart District
- Member Board HOVO Brabant Seniors Academy
- Member Board Mindlabs
- Representative ENGAGE.EU at Université Toulouse Capitole Conseil d'Administration
- Member Executive Steering Committee Regio Deal – Midpoint Brabant
- Member Steering Committee We Care
Study and former principal functions
Jantine Schuit studied Health Promotion and Consumer Sciences at Wageningen University.
From 1990 up to and including 1997 she was a researcher at Wageningen University, obtaining a doctorate for a study into the effect of an exercise program on risk factors for heart and vascular diseases in the elderly.
From 1997 up to and including 2017 she worked at the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and Environment), among other things as head of the Centre for nutrition, prevention and health care.
From 2005 she held the endowed chair in Health Promotion and Policy at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, supervising PhD students and teaching Bachelor's and Master's classes in public health, prevention and health policy.
Between September 2017 and November 2020, Jantine Schuit was dean of the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences at Tilburg University.