Prof. Wim van de Donk
Professor Wim van de Donk is Rector Magnificus and President of the Executive Board of Tilburg University.
On November 21, 2020, on the occasion of his inauguration as Rector Magnificus, he gave this speech.
Wim van de Donk (1962) began his academic career at Tilburg University in 1986, earned his PhD there in 1997, and has worked as Professor of Social Public Administration at Tilburg Law School since 2000. He was President of the Dutch Scientific Council for Government Policy (Wetenschappelijke Raad voor het Regeringsbeleid, WRR) between 2004 and 2009 and was subsequently appointed as the King’s Commissioner in the Province of North Brabant.
‘Tilburg University is a university in a bustling and thriving city. The importance of sound academic education and research is hard to underestimate, and Tilburg University is a prominent institution, regionally, nationally, and internationally, that educates young people from all over the world for meaningful and responsible positions in our society.’
- Strategy, profile, governance, and identity
- Doctorate Board and academic ceremonies
- Education, with a focus on:
- Professional Learning
- Study and student associations, management participation grants, career support
- Student wellbeing
Research and impact, with a focus on:
- Research policy
- Professorial appointments policy/Academic personnel policy
- Academic integrity
- General HR strategy and policy
- External relations (regional, national, and international)
- Corporate Communication
- Alumni policy
- Crisis management
- Academic heritage, Brabant Collection
- Independent chair of BKB (agency that develops campaigns for governments, private companies, and public organizations)
- Governing Board of VNO-NCW (Confederation of Netherlands Industry and Employers)
- Governing Board of VNG (Association of Netherlands Municipalities)