Wilma de Koning
Wilma de Koning (1962) is the Vice-President of the Tilburg University Executive Board.
|Strategy, profile, governance, and corporate identity
|Strategic IT policy
|Real estate and housing
|Development of Kennisas
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
- Member of the Board of Commissioners Zorgverzekeraar DSW
- Member of the Business Operations and Finance Steering Group (SBF), Universities of The Netherlands
- Member of the Tilburg Student Accommodation Covenant Steering Group
- Member of SURF’s Members’ Council
- Member of the Knowledge District Steering Group
- Member of the Spoorzone Campus Steering Group
Studies and previous positions
Wilma de Koning (1962) studied Business Economics at the Fontys University of Applied Sciences in Eindhoven and at Erasmus University in Rotterdam. She took a post-graduate Accountancy program in Rotterdam and Accountancy and Environment at the University of Amsterdam.
Between 2001 and 2009, Wilma already worked at Tilburg University as the Managing Director of the School of Economics and Management and later as Secretary/General Director. From 2009, Wilma gained broad experience as a member of the Executive Board of Fontys Universities of Applied Sciences and, from 2013 to 2021, she was the Vice-President of the Executive Board of Radboud University Nijmegen. Working in higher education and research are a common thread in her varied career. In her last job as director general at the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW), Wilma was responsible for the day-to-day management of the society of 600 scientists, The Young Academy, the Society of Arts (Akademie van Kunsten) as well as the organization consisting of twelve renowned (research) institutes.