Minister Karien van Gennip speaks on Talent & Labor Market at Opening Academic Year Tilburg University
On Monday, September 5, at 16:00 hrs., the Opening of the Academic Year takes place in Tilburg University’s Auditorium. Around this year’s theme, ‘Talent and Labor Market’, an interesting program has been composed for the university’s students, staff, and relations.
In addition, the university is celebrating its 95th anniversary this academic year.
The academic session will be opened by the new president of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW), Prof. Marileen Dogterom. She will reflect on the theme in a contribution entitled ‘Een Talentvolle Toekomst’. In the second keynote, the Dutch Minister of Social Affairs and Employment, Karien van Gennip, shares her thoughts on and plans for the future of the labor market.
Next is a discussion with the Minister, Dr. Esmah Lahlah of the Tilburg Municipal Executive, Dr. Charissa Freese, endowed Professor of HRM and Social Security, and Prof. Marileen Dogterom. Professor of Labor Market Studies and brand-new City Professor Ton Wilthagen will also participate. During a “College Tour”-style setting, questions on the theme can be put to this panel of professional experts.
Program Opening Academic Year 2022-2023
- Opening and speech by Rector Magnificus Wim van de Donk
- Key-note by KNAW president Marileen Dogterom
- Presentation of prizes for student athletes by elite sports coordinator Ferenc Jongejan and Vice-President Paulina Snijders
- Key-note by Dutch Minister of Social Affairs & Employment Karien van Gennip
- Panel discussion moderated by Vice-Rector Magnificus Jantine Schuit with Karien van Gennip, Ton Wilthagen, Esmah Lahlah, Marileen Dogterom, and Charissa Freese.