Business Communication and Digital Media
Study how digital media influence communication between companies and their (potential) customers and other stakeholders, and study the possibilities that these resources offer for internal communication. With a large number of electives you can become an all-round communication specialist, or specialize yourself in marketing communication, internal communication or corporate communication.
National Student Survey, 2018 | n=50
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=35 (all tracks of Communication and Information Sciences)
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=36 (all tracks of Communication and Information Sciences)
Program and courses
In the MSc track Business Communication & Digital Media you will become an expert on communication issues in the area of business communications and digital media.
- Learn about the principles of modern marketing communications and how to analyze and manage social media interactions.
- Study the ways to improve the image of an organization, understand the impact of rapidly changing internet and digital media technologies on business communications, and find out how to make user-friendly websites or deal with conversations in the social media.
- Choose from a wide variety of electives in the field of Communication and Information Sciences. Become all-round or specialize yourself in the field of marketing communication, internal communication or corporate communication.
Typical courses are:
- Online Public Relations
- Corporate Social Responsibility Communication
- Social Media Marketing
As a Master of Science with a specialization in Business Communication and Digital Media, you will be able to analyze internal and external communications, and to act as a consultant on social media marketing, marketing communications, branding, negotiation strategies, corporate social responsibility, webcare, and social media at work.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Business Developer Mobile at ABN AMRO
- Head of Campaign Strategy and Optimization at Blue Mango Interactive
- Team Lead Benelux at Google Marketing Solutions
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2,5
- Finds a job within 6 months after graduation: 89%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2.310
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=35
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August and End of January (both the Master’s and the Pre-Master’s program)
Best preparatory programs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication & Information Sciences, Communication Studies, Linguistics, or a modern language.
- The academic background of the students in our Master's program varies a lot. Students with a Bachelor's degree in a different subject area are also most welcome to apply.
Available for both Research University students and students of a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees and scholarships
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 17 November 2018 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs and Research Masters, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from February 1st until May 31st, 2019.
Interested in the Business Communication and Digital Media track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application