Become an expert in the factors that make textual communication effective to design better communication tools. Study the characteristics of text, such as style and structure, but also understand non-verbal aspects (like images, intonation, and facial expression), conversation characteristics, and the way in which readers process information.
National Alumni Survey 2016 | n=36 (all tracks of Communication and Information Sciences)
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=35 (all tracks of Communication and Information Sciences)
National Alumni Survey, 2016 | n=34 (all tracks of Communication and Information Sciences)
Program and courses
In this track of the MSc Communication and Information Sciences you learn how to analyze texts and images, tailor them to different target groups, and measure whether they have the desired effect.
Typical courses are:
- Visual Communication
- Non-verbal Communication
- Miscommunication & Emotion
- Multimodality and Communication
As a Master of Science with a specialization in Communication Design you are able to conduct research on the transfer of information through textual and non-verbal communication. Moreover, you will be capable of advising people about writing a clear, attractive and convincing text according to various communication objectives.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Online Channel Manager at VodafoneZiggo
- Marketing Communication at Bed & Breakfast Europe
- Webeditor at DBN Media
- Average number of months until first paid job: 2.9
- Is (very) satisfied with the Master's program: 93%
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: € 2,523
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2016
Application and admission
This program starts:
End of August and End of January (both the Master’s and the Pre-Master’s programs)
Best preparatory programs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication & Information Sciences, Communication Studies, Linguistics, or a modern language.
- The academic background of the students in our Master's program varies a lot. Students with a Bachelor's degree in a different subject area are also most welcome to apply.
Available for both Research University students and students of a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (HBO).
Tuition fees academic year 2018-2019
|€ 2,060*||€ 11,000|
* The EU rate only applies if you enroll for the program without a Master's degree from a Dutch university. More information about the tuition fees and scholarships available for international students.
Interested in this Master's program?
Please feel free to contact us for your personal queries. You can contact us on every page of the Master's website. Or find out more by choosing one of the options below.
Create your own customized brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg.
Study choice events
To be announced
Trial lectures Master's programs Tilburg University
Are you interested in one of our Master's programs and do you want to experience what it's like to follow this program at Tilburg University? Then follow a trial lecture of the Master's program of your choice! You can follow a trial lecture from November 1st until December 31st 2018.
10:00 - 14:45
Open day Master's programs
The Open day on Saturday 17 November 2018 offers you the opportunity to get acquainted with our English taught (Pre-)Master's programs and Research Masters, get a taste of the atmosphere at our campus and speak with current students, lecturers and academic advisors.
Interested in the Communication Design track?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application