Finance: Sustainable Finance
Become a financial expert with a heart for the environment and society. Facing global challenges, financial institutions and other organizations are increasingly taking environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into account when making investment decisions. In the Sustainable Finance track of MSc Finance, you will learn how sustainability issues change the concept of finance.
Education and COVID-19
All education takes place on campus again, now that the coronavirus measures have been scaled back. Of course, we will always maintain a safe environment for our students and staff. Therefore, a few basic measures still apply. For the latest updates on the COVID-19 situation, see our FAQs for prospective students.
National Alumni Survey, 2021 | n=29 (MSc Finance)
Program and courses
Learn how sustainability issues are changing the understanding of finance.
- Gain a solid foundation in the principles and practice of Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) issues in corporate finance and investing.
- Apply the latest theoretical ESG concepts from scientific literature to real-world cases during assignments, simulation games and group discussions in class. You will attend many guest lectures where the theoretical concepts are compared to practice.
- The program is taught by teachers with very good teaching evaluations. The teachers are some of the world's leading finance academics. Many teachers in the program have been awarded Excellent Teacher awards.
Typical courses are:
- Corporate Governance & Social Responsibility
- Asset Allocation & Sustainable Investing
- Sustainable Finance and Value Creation
As a Master of Science in Finance you are equipped with a profound knowledge framework in business and specialized knowledge in financial management or investment analysis - a highly attractive profile for companies, banks and consultancy agencies.
Some examples of jobs you can expect:
- Investment Analyst
- ESG Specialist
- Sustainable Finance Consultant
- Gross monthly income one year after graduation: €3,166
- Is (very) satisfied with the Master's program: 90%
- Average number of months between graduation and first job: 2,6 months
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2020| n=29 (MSc Finance)
Application and admission
This Master’s program starts:
End of August
Best preparatory programs:
- Business Economics
- International Business Administration
Open to both university graduates and Dutch HBO graduates.
Tuition fees and scholarships
International students find the information about the tuition fees and the scholarships available here.
Interested in this Master’s program?
More information on this Master's program
Download the brochure with information on program content, admission requirements, career prospects, housing and immigration matters, and student life in Tilburg. Throughout the year you can take part in various types of events: on-campus, abroad or online.
Interested in the MSc Finance?
Check your eligibility and the deadlines for application